BILL ME LATER is a scam, impossibe to cancel

Tin

I am furious about the deceptive sceens which falsely lead the paypal user in to the Bill Me Later business.  Further, it is impossibel to determine how to cancel the connection with Bill Me Later.

Login to Me Too
132 REPLIES 132

imispgh
Contributor
Contributor

Jordash you are missing the point.  Paypal sets up the process so you have to opt out of Bill Me Later. Each and every time you buy something.  That isn't right.  Before Bill Me LAter my default was my card which was my choice.  the current set up crates a situation where it is too easy yo make a mistake.  If the service is that good then fine make it a choice and not one I have to select out of EVERY time

Login to Me Too

JORDASH
Contributor
Contributor

I maynot be missing the point!  Time will tell!    benn a member of BML about 2 yrs.  Used them only twice, $800 dollars, then $248 dollars.   I said I was LEARY of connecting my EBAY acct with BML, so I never did it.   LEARY of connecting my BANK ACCT with BLM but decided it was Too safe & Too convenient not to have!

EBAY & BML was always asking if I wanted to connect them together.

But I asked WHY??  They're both plenty slick enough, as seperate, individual entities!

They never OPTED for me at check out! 

I don't see BML until I'm ready to PAY!

I don't know if that's the total crux, of your problems & complaints or not!

But as you can see, a lot of peoples LOVE, BML & don't understand you guys!

Not me, I believe BML is a little sneaky & tricky.  For one, INFERRING E-MAIL notification & not transmitting it.

My first $800 dollar purchase, they gave me (ONE YEAR). to pay it off!

With no monthly payments, no interest or penalties, as long as I FINISH, before the final payment date!

I carried it for about 5 months, then mailed the TOTAL $800.   Not one penny extra!

Use my strategy, I just did it, set up TOTAL & FINAL payments, what ever you want to pay, before your monthly due dates, and you can't miss a payment!    Unless your Bank Acct runs out of money!

TOO many millions think it's a good thing if you use it right!  I don't like Accts that make cancellations difficult either!

But right now, like the millions, I don't want to cancel this.   TOO good.  Too good to be true!

AOL, REALTEK, RHAPSODY, NBA.COM.  You hang on the phone for hrs, then try to communicate with a non English speaking person.   Mean while there's a MONTHLY FEE.     Not so with BML.   If you NEVER CANCELLED, you wouldn't be charged anything.   SEARS ROEBUCK, OFFICE DEPOT:  When I became DISSAPPOINTED, with their cards, I never bothered with cancelling.   I paid them off and let them DROP!

But I reiterate, I understand.  My EBAY, PAYPAL & BML are "Not" Connected like yours!

Login to Me Too

PeterVT
Contributor
Contributor

I strongly suspect that  everybody who has contributed to this forum is right. That, for me, is a significant problem. It appears that the same organsisation (BML) can generate vastly different experiences for different people. There has to be something far from transparent about the way it operates for this to be the case.

I do not doubt that some people have had excellent experiences with BML. That in no way negates the viewpoints of the very many who have experienced otherwise. In my case, I joined BML only to get the sweetener rebate. I kept the account open for the requisite time, and did not use it. Nor did PayPal automatically switch my payments to BML, which seems to have happened to some. When I came to close my BML account (simply because I did not want it, not because of anything they had done to displease me), I found that an account that could be opened online could not then be closed online. It was a search for how to close this account that brought me to this forum. On contacting the phone number listed here by Amanda, I discovered that I needed a 16 digit account number WHICH I HAD NEVER BEEN SENT! There was no possible way that I could have ever logged into my account in order to check anything - genuine payments, spurious charges or whatever.

An organisation which operates perfectly for some and, to put it bluntly, incompetently for others, is in my view not to be trusted. Make up your own minds. I'm sure you will.

Login to Me Too

imispgh
Contributor
Contributor

JRDASH you didn't address my issue again. And I never said no one like the service or that it hasn't neen positive for some.

The system defaults to BML.  And as far as I can see I cannot chnage that.  I have to manually change it each time.  That is wrong and if BML is such a good deal PayPal should be pushing or herding to to it.  Before BML I was able to choose my default payment method.

Also when I tried to get out of BML I had the same issues others have had. I had to ask the vendor who sold me the item to cancel the order and let me buy it again to fix it.

Login to Me Too

JORDASH
Contributor
Contributor

I did address your issue.  In the very "LAST LINE".  

I think what I would do, or threaten to do is (CLOSE MY EBAY ACCOUNT)!

Close them both!

I would threaten PAYPAL with this or and do it.  I don't see how that would present a problem!!

Then (REJOIN PAYPAL AGAIN). without (BML).

You may only have to THREATEN. But could easily just carry it out!

Login to Me Too

JORDASH
Contributor
Contributor

I meant close PAYPAL not EBAY!

Login to Me Too

gtr
New Community Member

WOW guys, so many  problems and non problems, it's making it very hard to really understand something. I already set up a billme account but never used it and I am trying  to see if it's the case to do it or not. So let's try to get some facts toghether:

- billme is in the business of making money, maybe in a more agressive way using different tricks

- it's not a scam cause it is a legal established company

- they have some communication problems, as expected in their advantage

- basically the only problem that I noticed is when they have a bill that needs to be paid some people don't notice it in time and they get charged late fees

- who made the payments on time did not have any trouble

- they have an annoying system on ebay and paypal that promotes the billme payment method and some can make mistakes

- the ones with very good web and computer skills, that are checking a few times a day all of their accounts, balances, credit cards, etc....., that are constantly making payments on time - they will not have any problems with billme

- if by any chance there is going to be a problem it can be solved with an increased amount of determination and not letting them to waste time and delay the matter

- in the end billme is good because you can buy today and pay after a while

So are there any other real problems to be aware off a part of the ones that I mentioned?!?! do they take your money from your pocket, do they steal your dog?! if you are a tough guy , a problem solver, that does not let things slide is it ok to use the billme?!?

Login to Me Too

mrrob43
New Community Member

Any body know where to pay the bill me later account?   IF there is know way to pay this off and they add intrest charges then  yes I will be mad and like some of you have suggested this would be a scam

Login to Me Too

llk51
New Community Member

Just called them using the info on page one of this topic. Service was courteous, told me the account was closed, and a letter would be sent confirming. We'll see if that happens.

They also show with a credit. They credited my account with a stopped payment check (a month ago).

Right hand doesn't know what the left is doing. Guess your late charges helped make for the "credit balance" I had.

Won't deal with them again.

Login to Me Too

Meeesa
I have never had a problem with BML. I think a lot of the issues people face while Internet shopping is neglecting to READ ALL TERMS AND CONDITIONS REGARDING ALL INTERNET TRANSACTIONS. I signed up for BML on my own terms...and I know exactly what I owe and when. I've never been charged something i shouldn't have and I have full access to my account thru billmelater.com. Those who are having problems need to stop blaming others and assess what they're doing wrong. It's a part of pay pal...they're not gonna just **bleep** people out of money because they want to....they have rules and regulations. and no, I have affiliations with pay oak or BML.. I just keep and eye out for what I do online...
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.