BILL ME LATER is a scam, impossibe to cancel

Tin

I am furious about the deceptive sceens which falsely lead the paypal user in to the Bill Me Later business.  Further, it is impossibel to determine how to cancel the connection with Bill Me Later.

Login to Me Too
132 REPLIES 132

jcolucci
New Community Member

I've been using it for 2 months now and have accumulated $500 in eBay bucks from using billmelater. All my transactions have been acceptable and well worth it. I did not link my Paypal with Billmelater so I've kept them separate as pay options. Maybe thats your problem all you naysayers. I use billmelater to my credit limit, pay it off the next day and start accumulating the additional 5% in eBay bucks again. I have nothing bad to say about billmelater. Only one suggestion. I pay off my balance in full the next day after maxing out my limit but it takes about 3 days for it to show up on my statement. I love billmelater - and no I don't work for them or Paypal or eBay.

Login to Me Too

indy1253
New Community Member

Amen I hate bill me later !!!!!!!!!  How about  pay as I go like it was.

Login to Me Too

lwfcwrb
Contributor
Contributor

bill me later.. i thought this was connected to my pay pal acct.   i ordered something for 33.00 .  did not get a bill. thought everything was paid ...i just got a bill in the mail saying that i was past due...not one month but two months.  my 33.00 charge is now. 97.09.  when i called and told them this .  they said that they had sent me statements by email.  I ck my email from them but it was alway ads and not bills.  i paid it but now i am through with bill me later.  buyer beware.....

Login to Me Too

MikelA50
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, all,

So that's it!  I had a funny feeling when started to apply.  So I posted a topic about BML and Credit Reports.  Got no response so I started to look through the forum.

Still, it might not be fraud.  It could be inept implementation or any other of a dozen or so reasons short of malfeasance.  For example, feeble security, buggy code, clunky interface, poor customer support, or a minuscule user-base.

Hanlon's Razor is an eponymous adage that reads:

"Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity."

Anyhoo ... !  Glad I looked before I leaped.

"Caveat emptor" (Let the buyer beware.)  Still sound advise.

Login to Me Too

RASMJS

BEWARE: IF YOU USE PAYPAL FOR PAYING ON ANYTHING ...BILL ME LATER WILL ALL OF A SUDDEN BE YOUR DEFAULT PAYMENT METHOD. RESULTS IN A LATE FEE OF $25 A MONTH....I CAUGHT MINE AFTER 1 MONTH AND THE ONLY WAY I COULD CANCEL "BILL ME LATER" WAS BY CALLING THEM AND PAYING THE LATE FEE. THEY WON'T LET YOU SET YOUR ACCOUNT UP WITH PAYPAL AS YOUR DEFAULT PMT!  ( I JUST HOPE MY ACCOUNT WITH BILL ME LATER IS FINALLY CANCELED)

Login to Me Too

imispgh
Contributor
Contributor

My problem continues to be the Facebook like BS of having to opt out as opposed to opt in.  The default should be my credit card or bank. I shouldn't have to choose to not use Bill Me Later everytime I buy something with PayPal. At the very least provide a default choice. If Bill Me Later is such a good product then people will choose it - it should not be forced on them. It's deceptive sales nonsense.

Login to Me Too

prjay
New Community Member

I have filed a complaint with the FTC regarding the practices of BILL ME LATER.  The purpose of the investigation will be to determine how BML obtained information to open an account in our name.  The company that received a payment from BML was BLUE MOUNTAIN CARDS.  We contacted BMC and the confirmed that we do not have an account.  Later BMC confessed that they had received $10 from BML and so they returned the money to BLM.  Now, BML wants over $50 in late fees for their relationship with BMC and will not explain how that relationship was created.  I have called BML because they continue to send us bills in the mail and emails asking for payments.  If you are smart, you will not go near these people.  We next need to notify all three credit bureaus that this scam has resulted in reporting us with a delinquent account.  I will forward my documentation from the FTC to the credit bureaus so they have that record of our dispute.  Ask yourself how a credit card company can open a credit account without having your social security number, date of birth, or some other identifying information.  This scam is amazing.

Login to Me Too

becketma
Contributor
Contributor

I am feed up with the "Bill Me Later" suddenly popping up as my default payment!!!

I've just discovered that three of my purchases were assigned to Bill Me Later by PayPal.

PayPal refuses to undo them.  Bill Me Later insists that I either send a check or monry order to them or link my bank account to Bill Me Later to make a payment.

One time I gave up my bank information so that PayPal could xfer funds for eBay into my bank account.  i did not allow them to to link my account to pay for payPal purchases.  All of a sudden I see that they took it upon them selves to change my "prefered" payment from my credit card to my bank account.

As a result, I will not link my bank account toPayPal, and certainly NOT!! to Bill me Later!!

Bill Me Later finally revealed that I could go back and have the seller cancel the transaction (and, of course pay them some other way) which I have done for two of the purchases.

Since I was also complaing about "Bill Me Later" changed to my default payment and having deselected Bill Me Now as the payment source and still have Bill Me Later used instead of PayPal, I had my account CLOSED!!

the remaining trick paymment to Bill Me Now is for $5.

Since PayPal divered my purchase to Bill Me Later, I've told PayPal that I expect them to straighten out $5.00 having been diverted.

Best from Gorham ME.

PS: I have stopped using payPal and either use my charge card or only use PayPal when absolutely necessary.

Login to Me Too

imispgh
Contributor
Contributor

To solve my Bill Me Later issue I actually had to ask the vendor to cancel the original purchase and ask for a do over.

Login to Me Too

JORDASH
Contributor
Contributor

I made a purchase 9/14/2011, $248.00 dollars.   i paid the $48.00 on 09/16/2011.

.  Then I scheduled an online payment through my BILL ME LATER acct for 10/15/2011.   I received this COMMUNITY FLYER from PAYPAL from this Blog!     I had fotgotten about the BILL ME LATER purchase temporarilly.  Thought I was paid up for a while.   Checked my acct: because of this PAYPAL blog flyer.   And I found I had a minimum scheduled payment due on 10/09/2011.   The payment I had scheduled was for the 15th oct.   I was about to be Billed a $25 dollar late payment.   If not for this Flyer.  Which I don't believe is what it's for

Sent the payment through my connected bank acct today the 6th, it was posted to my BML acct. today the 6th.

SO BILL ME LATER is good if you actually STAY ON TOP OF THEM.

They don't send you a E-MAIL reminder, they INFER it.

They ask if you'd prefer electronic communications.

But if you just check your E-MAIL & not the acct, you'll probably miss a payment!

I don't like the Idea of connecting EBAY PAYPAL & BML.

And I was LEARY of connecting my bank acct with BML.  But they can only deduct, what you schedule!

So you need to understand, a monthly payment is due regardless of what you've paid!

Make your purchase, connect your BANK ACCOUNT, then go down the MONTHS, schedueling payments, until they schedule out & total zero and is finished on time.    That way you're covered if you forget!   You control the BML & your BANK ACCT.

It is not released to them to deduct payments.   And you can CHANGE the PAYMENTS, send more through the MAIL or your online bank account, or CANCEL payments anytime!

I think they make a lot of money from peoples not being Vigalent.   But if you are VIGALENT, this is FREE MONEY!

As with any of the Credit Card Cos, You can make the best of them, or the worst of them!

But if you're SHARP, BML will make BIG MONEY off of those whom are "Not".

And pass the DIVIDENDS, right on down to You!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.