no proof of identity documents

rpoed
New Community Member

i need to verify myself to lift receiving limits.

however i have none of the documents need to verify my identity.

i don't have any of these

• Passport
  • Driving license
  • National identity card
  • Any official government issued ID (issued by the Army, Police or Diplomatic forces)
what am i supposed to do?
Login to Me Too
7 REPLIES 7

PayPal_john
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

A birth certificate would be the alternative in a case like this.

Login to Me Too

mrsgrimble
Contributor
Contributor

But what if your  name is different from the one on your birth certificate?

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Siobhán

Hi there mrsgrimble,

If the name on your birth certificate has changed due to a legal name change then you can also provide this legal document, for example a marriage certificate along with the birth certificate.

Siobhan

Login to Me Too

mrsgrimble
Contributor
Contributor

I do not having any legal change of name documents.  But I do have lots of documentation in my current name - bank statements, bills and so on.  And I've been on on the electoral roll in my current name for years. Will that do?

Login to Me Too

PayPal_AdrianO

Hey there,

We cannot accept bills etc as a proof of name. We need either a passport or drivers license in the name on your account or else legal documents such as deed poll, birth cert, marriage cert, divorce cert. If you need further advice and to explain the situation better you should call us through the ‘Contact us’ link.

Login to Me Too

nitachetu
New Community Member

hi

i want to take lift limit but present my passport is exired and i have aplied but it will take long. i have my national election id from india or  birth certificate so i want to know it will accept or not so please let me know wheather it will accept or not

thanks

Login to Me Too

alecstheg
New Community Member

Hi, and how long will this process take?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.