Verification codes do not appear on my statement?

0ziggystardust0
New Community Member

Hi,

I tried to link my bank card to my PayPal account a few weeks ago and I have been waiting for the ammounts to appear on my statement. I have just checked my statement online and two payments IN to my account show but there are no codes just the description as "PAYPAL VERIFY" I thought that PayPal were going to take money from my account and then refund me when I had verified my account?

I rang my bank to see if they had any way of giving me the codes but unfortunately they didn't. The lady I spoke to said she had had a few people ringing up about PayPal but they were just asked to enter the ammounts into to verify. Why am I being asked for a code?

I would appreciate some advice as I am so confused!

Login to Me Too
46 REPLIES 46

PayPal_barry

Hi, sounds like you are trying to confirm a debit card. When we confirm a credit card, we make a charge to the card and leave a code. But with debit cards, we send 2 small amounts that combine as the code e.g. 05p and 12p will become the code 0512.

Once you have the details from your statement, you can then confirm your card by following these steps:

1. Log in to your PayPal account at www.paypal.co.uk
2. Click 'Confirm my debit or credit card' in the ‘Notifications’ box.
3. Enter the required information.
4. Click 'Submit'.

Login to Me Too

ADKnight
New Community Member

Hi I am having a similar problem.

On my statement it just says "PAYPAL" there is no four-digit code displayed next to the £0.01 deposit which was made. I have tried again and requested another code but the same thing has happened.

I have been trying to confirm my card for the last few days.

Can you help?

Thanks

ADKnight

Login to Me Too

PayPal_lucy

Hey there ADKnight,

Welcome to the community.

Where is it you are checking your statement, online or the paper statement?

Some codes aren’t showing on the internet banking or mini statements from the ATMs. You may need to check your full bank account statement to view this code.

Have you managed to resolve this yet?

Login to Me Too

PatchBob
New Community Member

I see this post is old but I am experiencing a similar problem when trying to add my card which Paypal insists I do even though even though it's been sucessfully debiting my card for years! This only happened since I applied for a Paypal credit facility. Can things be so backward that a company that processes the majority of client payments online has to rely on people having to revert to paper statements from our banks? Are you serious??

Login to Me Too

pandorapan14
Contributor
Contributor

Hello, 

Can someone from Paypal help?

I use a personal account.

I have linked my bank account with no issues.

However, I have account limits so I tried to register my DEBIT bank card which has a maestro logo on it.

The amount of 1.50 euro has been charged with no source name (i.e. it doesn't say it is from Paypal but I assume it is since it is charged on the day I registered my card online) neither is there any 4-digit code next to the amount.

What am I doing wrong?

To sum up:

The card is not a creadit card. It's the debit card that I use with the bank account where my paycheck is deposited. 

The amount was charged with no code showing anywhere.

I get no bank statements on the mail, only automated bank booklet info (shows all transactions up to the date), which is done at the bank cashier when I visit. (This is a common practice here in Greece.)  

Any ideas, how I can get my code? 

And a last question: Why can't linking a bank account be enough for the limits to be lifted? We're talking about the same bank account here, not a difference card account! 

Thank you very much in advance.

Login to Me Too

pandorapan14
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

I see what you are saying about debit cards, but is this is an older way of doing things perhaps?

Because the way things work right now, there is no way to tell Paypal that the card you registered wth them is a debit card.

Judging from my experience (I wrote my question on a separate post), they still charge the amount of 1.50 euro for a debit card confirmation, just like you describe they do in the case of a creadit card. 

So, what's the deal? 

Please let me know if I'm missing anything. 

Thanks a million!

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Arda

Hi Pandorapan14,

Welcome to UK community form –  you mention that you are using a Greek PayPal account and the PayPal product differs from country to country but I would try my best to help you .

I think It will be a good idea to contact with your bank online services to get your verification code or go to your up to date online statement to locate this.

If you are having trouble please feel free to reach out to us through Twitter(@AskPayPal) or Facebook

Hope this info helps 🙂

Arda

Login to Me Too

pandorapan14
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Arda,

Thanks for the quick response. 

My bank does not render internet banking services automatically. In Greece banks ask for an extra application from their customers in order to offer them onlne banking. 

I have already thought that maybe the code shows up on any online statements if available, and have applied for online banking. 

Still expecting for the bank response. 

Given how differently Greek banks work, I don't even know if I will have online statements available to check!!

Fingers X'ed! 

I will keep this board posted as things roll on here... I'm sure many others especially in Greece face similar inaniites when trying to confirm a debit bank card via Payal.

Cheers. 

Login to Me Too

PatrickAndie
Contributor
Contributor

I also have the similiar problem, when I went to bank.

This what I get from them.

C97_774_F2T37A

For sure, that's not the verification code.

Please help.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.