Unauthorised payment out my bank £1000!!!

sidwid
New Community Member

About an hour ago logged into my paypal account there was a transaction £1000 which currently has a status of "processing" it is a transaction from my bank to my paypal. Tried going through the resolution centre when i select the transaction it states "The following Transaction IDs are not valid". Contacted paypal can't cancel it currently talking to the bank. Need some advise quite upsetting and not sure how this has happened or what to do about it. Thankyou.

Login to Me Too
13 REPLIES 13

PayPal_lucy

Hey there,

With the request being sent to your bank account already we can’t stop it. We can however stop the payment within the PayPal system. So if the funds do leave your bank account they will be stopped within your PayPal account and once they are confirmed as unauthorised they will be credited to your PayPal account balance.

You bank will be able to stop the payments from being sent if they have not yet left. They may have to cancel the direct debit with PayPal to do this. It just means that if you wish to use your bank account again you will need to set up the direct debit again. 

Login to Me Too

colemana
Contributor
Contributor

ive had the same problem £300 out of my bank ... paypal says they have no trace of it .... yet the bank statment says paypal on it..... it was sent to paypal ........ no responce

Login to Me Too

same thing happened to me buyer got her refund and didnt send my item and payapl didnt refund me cuz no tracking on item

Login to Me Too

StephenZ
New Community Member

I have same issue, and had to OPEN an PayPal account to talk with anyone here. My BOA has been hacked into and money moved into PayPal. Yet I can not find account I had years ago with PayPal. seldom if ever used, but info may have been in my pc. Now I'am all over the place in here trying to find help. God only knows if you need help it an't going to be easy to find.

As I have transaction numbers, but don't match anything PayPal has. So is there a way to investigate ? It would be in an old account under my same name, which of course PayPal says does not exsist, only it does because the money went to it.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_lucy

Hey there,

If there are payments showing on your card/bank statement then we can locate the transaction made using other information than the transaction ids that you have.

You would need to give us a call though so we can start the investigation.  

Login to Me Too

no19
New Community Member

Hey me to, I have had £96 taken from my account 10 times in 2 days!!!

Once this happens you can't cancel your card from paypal.

What do you do?

Login to Me Too

PayPal_lucy

Hey there no19,

Welcome to the community.

You posted on the 4th of April, but just in case you haven’t yet reported the transaction or for anyone else wondering what to do please follow the steps below.

1. Go to www.paypal.co.uk.
  2. Click 'Safety Advice' near the top of the page.
  3. Click 'Issue with my account' in the middle of the page.
  4. Click 'Someone has accessed my account'.
  5. Click 'Continue' under 'Unable to log in?'
  6. Read the information and click 'Continue' at the bottom of the page.
  7. Complete the report and click 'Preview'.
  8. Check the box to accept the claim is accurate and click 'Submit'. 

Let us know how this went Smiley Happy

Login to Me Too

49ALE
New Community Member

Hi I can't help with the money lost but you can cancel your card at your bank and they will issue a new one no funds can come out of paypal with the old card.                                                          

Login to Me Too

wm123
Contributor
Contributor

I have had this same problem but it does not show up on my paypal account anywhere. I have no record of making a purchase online for the amount it was showing me.

The amount was even set up as direct debit of just over £40 and on the bank statement this showed up as :

JPMC RE PAYPAL INTL LTD ......... What is this?

The other problem is that since cancelling this direct debit my domain name registrar (the company that I registered a website with), whom I pay using PayPal, has contacted me letting me know that the transaction to renew my website was declined by my bank. So it seems to me probably as a result of cancelling that 'particular' direct debit I am unable to use Paypal. I may be wrong but that's what it seems.

I'm hoping Paypal / someone can help me on this and also explain to me what this is : JPMC RE PAYPAL INTL LTD

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.