The PayPal Top Up Card Closure

PayPal_john
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

The PayPal Top Up Card programme has ended as of 31st March 2011. This follows the decision by Royal Bank of Scotland Group, the bank that runs the Top Up Card for PayPal, to withdraw from the prepaid card market. Any balance that was in your Top Up Card account will be issued to your PayPal balance (hopefully over the next week as of today, the 20th of April). If you do not have a PayPal account then a cheque is being sent to your contact address.

PrePay Solutions is our new card issuing partner for future card products. Together we will be launching a new product, called the PayPal Access Card around May. This will offer all the benefits of the Top Up Card but with the advantage that it doesn’t have to be topped up as it is linked directly to a customer’s PayPal account. To start with, we have decided to limit the availability of this new card. This means that, unfortunately, not every existing card holder will get one. We have already contacted those involved with the initial launch to let them know that their new card is on the way and will continue to contact them. For everyone else, rest assured that we plan to launch the card to a wider audience in the near future. We do not have any exact timeframe for this right now.

Login to Me Too
18 REPLIES 18

pugsy
Contributor
Contributor

Hi I would be interested as to Why PayPal has stopped using a Top Up Card? it would appear a Bank has refused to co-operate with PayPal?

Login to Me Too

RoySim
Contributor
Contributor

I would be interested to know why you have decided to limit availability of this card at initial roll out. It is something of an annoyance that I have no longer been able to use the Top Up Card to segregate funds received into PayPal from eBay sales,  And now it appears you have decided that I should not be offered the replacement service until some time in the unspecified future. If my creditworthiness was good enough to give me a TopUp card I feel very aggrieved that you are not doing a one for one replacement, and treating all customers alike.

I also have concerns that you would have no doubt passed some of my details from my TopUp Card ownership to the new card provider - which is fine if they were routinely sending a new replacement....but makes me feel very uncomfortable you have shared such data if they are not going to send a replacement without further application.

Your comments appreciated

RoySim

Login to Me Too

manxjo
Contributor
Contributor

I have been told that I am on the list to get a new card but didnt get the email in april letting me know the details like other people.  Can you tell me when i am to get this as i relied on my old card.

Login to Me Too

ubergrrrl
Contributor
Contributor

Yes and me please-i was told i would be in reciept of a paypal access card and would recieve more information mid april!

i've heard nothing and i too relied on my paypal card on a daily basis,i've been lost without it.

Please can you update us on if/when we should be expecting our new cards please.

Login to Me Too

club-group
Contributor
Contributor

bmarand
Contributor
Contributor

hi, i agree, it is so hard to find out what is happening with these new cards, i received an email early April, saying a welcome pack on info is on its way, then i read will get card in May, but so far i have not received nothing, it is so annoying not having a card, they should have kept the topup cards going until they were ready,, i dont want my money going in my bank.... i want my new card, so i can go shopping...

has anyone received theirs..

Login to Me Too

AXLP
Contributor
Contributor

Hi

I could not agree more - I recieved the email and still waiting checking the post every day - please can someone tell us what is going on

Login to Me Too

iridium
Contributor
Contributor

Where's my new top-up card please?

Login to Me Too

ubergrrrl
Contributor
Contributor

has anyone recieved there new card yet?

i note that the website has changed now to allow people to activate there access cards-there is a FAQ's as well now-

https://www.paypal-marketing.co.uk/accesscard/index.htm

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.