Slow withdrawals to bank account

ITP
Contributor
Contributor

I am experiencing large delays in transfers from my paypal account to my bank account. I withdraw money from paypal every day and usually get the money into my account in around 3 days. It is now taking around 7 days, I have even started to use the chaps transfer service at £5 a time to speed this up I made a transfer on 21/07 using chaps and the money is still not in my account. When I contact paypal all I am told is to check my bank account for the payment, of course I have already done that which is why I am complaining. Is anyone else experiencing a slow down in payments?

Login to Me Too
7 REPLIES 7

PayPal_lucy

Hey there ITP,

Sorry to hear about the extended timeframes on withdrawing your funds.

The payment that you have paid the £5 quick withdraw fee on you say you withdraw on the 21st of July, quick withdraws typically take 24-48 hours so it’s possible you received it after you posted here early on the 23rd. If you haven’t received it please let me know. Keep in mind that if the withdrawal was done after 4pm, that day is not included in the timeframe.

There are several reasons why some withdrawals can be delayed; this would be for security as we may review your withdrawal transaction to mitigate any risks or issues that may arise. These are mostly done at random and would not be a reflection on your account personally.

I hope this helps.

Login to Me Too

junkstreet1
Contributor
Contributor

hi,p/pal seem to have discovered another way of holding on to ones money as long as they can by inventing a thing wereby transactions are subject to being screened for money laundering.    Maybe if you make regular  p/ments,you are being investigated.    You have either been caught or your name comes out of the hat toomuch,   cheers,junkstreet1

Login to Me Too

joeleymezza
Contributor
Contributor

Agreed, 

I've been waiting over a week for Paypal to remove my bank account from an old Paypal account (which hasn't been used for over 10 year!) so that I can withdraw funds. I've been promised email confirmation that I can now transfer, but nothing. I rang Paypal but the assistant said she couldn't remove the bank account from the old syste due to 'technical issue'. Bad show Paypal.

In this day and age, with all the high speed technology, there is no reason for delayed transfers.  Paypal are quick enough to take their charges!

There is no excuse for it, and blinding customers with red tape and using security checks as a reason is no excuse.  Come on Paypal, give us our money when it's rightly due.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_david

Hi there Joeleymezza,

I am sorry to hear about the issue that you are having.

There was a technical issue that ment we were unable to remove bank accounts that were registered on a PayPal account that was closed. This has impacted a lot of people and it isn't just you. We were trying to have the issue resolved by the 22nd of March but this has been delayed until the 7th of April.

I can only apologise for the on going delay in resolving this issue. I realise that you feel that we should be able to resolve technical issues within a few hours, if not days. But the PayPal website is very complex and we are simply unable to resolve some technical issues as quick as we would like to.

This may also be why you have not received any update in regards to the issue that you are having.

David.

Login to Me Too

joeleymezza
Contributor
Contributor

Not helpful.  I would have thought that, as stated in your email ' this impacting on a lot of people', that Paypal would get their finger out and sort it as a matter of high priority.  Funny how I can use Paypal to pay for something but when it comes to withdrawing MY money there seems to be a problem!  Let's assume that this problem is affecting 20,000 people, (a real under estimate when you read the numerous bloggs on the subject), and each has £100 that they cannot withdraw, a nice tidy sum of £2 million sitting in Paypal account for numerous weeks.  How on earth do Paypal expect to keep their customers when they treat us like this  Absolutely disgusting.

Login to Me Too

Piltonbadger
Contributor
Contributor

As somebody who signed up today, I am dissapointed in how long it takes to transfer money, especially if I am verified. My bank is very quick at these things, and insofar its saying pending for my transfer. Meaning paypal hasnt even looked at it yet. Only reason I signed up is because someone offered to lend me a tenner to get some food, and now I cant even buy that food till monday at the earliest? what a joke. Will be closing account after payment has gone through. Didn't think I would have to wait days for my own money to come through.

Login to Me Too

vladylds

To this day they are still slow. it's becoming annoying. They are not reliable when you need your money fast.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.