Phone calls from 0208 610 0150 phone number

lempers
Contributor
Contributor

Hi I am hoping someone cn help me?

I keep getting calls during the working day from a number 0208 610 0150. I am extremely busy and miss these calls due to a hectic workload.

My Paypal account isn't in arrears also I can see how someone phoning me can clearly identify they are a bona fide representative of Paypal unless they can detail recent transactions etc.

What is more annoying is my account is and has always been in good order. I have only purchased items that I am happy with for a number of months so the question I want to know the answer to before speaking to them is if Paypal account is in good order, my credit card details linked to my account is upto date then why are they ringing?

Even more annoying when I google the number it states it is to do with Paypal debt recovery!!!

Login to Me Too
8 REPLIES 8

PayPal_Conor

Hi lempers,

Welcome to the Community Forum!

I'm afraid I have no account specific information here so I can't verify if we have been trying to call you or not.

When I suggest you do though to clear this up is call us toll free by clicking 'contact us' at the bottom of your account.

On the call we will be able to pull up you details and investigate this fully for you!

I hope this helps,

Conor

Login to Me Too

poppytaz
Contributor
Contributor

why do you keep calling me ?

@PayPal_Conor wrote:

Hi lempers,

Welcome to the Community Forum!

I'm afraid I have no account specific information here so I can't verify if we have been trying to call you or not.

When I suggest you do though to clear this up is call us toll free by clicking 'contact us' at the bottom of your account.

On the call we will be able to pull up you details and investigate this fully for you!

I hope this helps,

Conor

Login to Me Too

Matt1174
New Community Member

Calls from this number are usually 'collections'. I get calls from Paypal telling my account is in a negative balance. I've explained that a bank problem has led to this and that it will be sorted out as soon as possible, yet they insist on continuing the calls.

I would answer, but fed up with repeating the same lines over and over.

No amount of calls asking the same questions is going to rectify the matter.

Login to Me Too

NaoChambers
Contributor
Contributor
The best thing about this is, they find time to call when you are in arrears but when you repeatedly contact them about the fact your account has been accessed by others they can only be bothered to send automated emails.
Login to Me Too

nannyjan
New Community Member

is anyone else having trouble getting the customer service page uup mine is blank and when i press for phone no nothing happens 

Login to Me Too

seebothsides
Contributor
Contributor

Yes. It would be refreshing if they were as quick to pay some UK corporation tax and as quick to reduce the extortionate monopolistic fees charged from money in from ebay as they are at these thoroughly annoying phone calls!

Login to Me Too

florena
Contributor
Contributor

I got these calls too and I never answered the call until today started calling my home number - I don't know how they got that as it's not registered in my paypal details. They asked my email address - why should I give it to them when they are not from Paypal, if they are they wouldn't ask and their number does not match the number on the contact section in the website. I could possibly block this number in my mobile but not my home phone

Login to Me Too

Bex11
New Community Member
I've just received a call from this number and they left a message on my home phone to call Monica back! Sounded Irish and searched the number and it's PayPal debt collection? I don't owe PayPal squat! And to me it sounds like a scam!.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.