It won't let me verify my account....HELP?!

HayleyDeeny1990
Contributor
Contributor
20 REPLIES 20

PayPal_paula

Hi HayleyDeeny1990,

In order to help I will need some more information. Are you verifying your PayPal account or are you trying to lift your limits.

Please let us know

Paula

Login to Me Too

counsellp
New Community Member

how cant i use my paypal i cant send no payment 

Login to Me Too

PayPal_barry

Hey there, to make PayPal as safe as possible for everyone, we ask all customers to 'Verify' their account information. A PayPal account is 'Verified' when the account holder has confirmed his or her identity by successfully completing our verification process. A PayPal account is 'Unverified' when the account holder has yet to complete this process.

To become Verified, log in to your account and click the 'Unverified' link on the Account Overview page. This will bring up a 'Get Verified' page.

The first stage of getting verified is to Set up Bank Funding:

Add your UK bank account.

Click 'Submit Bank funding Agreement'.

Read the information and click 'Set up Bank Funding'.

After you initiate the Bank Funding Process, PayPal sends 2 deposits between 0.01 and 0.99 GBP to your bank account. These deposits will be at PayPal's expense so we won't ask for them to be paid back. They will arrive within 2 to 3 working days.

When you know the amounts of the deposits:

Click 'Profile' near the top of the page.

Click 'My money'.

click 'Update' beside 'Bank accounts'.

Select the bank account and 'Confirm'.

Enter the two amounts. If there is more than one bank account listed, choose the appropriate bank account by using the drop-down menu

Click 'Submit'.

Your bank account wil be confirmed if the amounts are correct.

Hope that helps.

Login to Me Too

lorrainehw
New Community Member

I have added the details of a new bank account I want to use as primary and have entered the two amounts paypal paid in and yet it says 'wrong amounts' even though they aren't the wrong amounts and won't let me confirm. I tried from scratch again, it said they'd send two amounts and it hasn't. This has been happening since January. Please can someone help?

Login to Me Too

PayPal_barry

Hi there, just from reading your post, I think I can guess at what the problem is. Let’s say you request the 2 amounts today. They will take 2-3 working days to deposit to your bank. If however, you request another 2 amounts tomorrow, they will automatically cancel the 2 you sent today.

I believe that you inputted the 2 earlier amounts (that had been cancelled), and as our system did not recognise them, failed them. I appreciate it’s really frustrating, but please try again and do allow the time for those deposits to process through. Hope that helps and let us know how you get on with this.

Login to Me Too

MelonyScott

this whole verifying thing has been the biggest hassle for me as well...it asks me to verify my phone number to the account and theres been times i enter it at least 6 times and it still says its invalid. Um, its the same one i have on my account. Ive ahd nothing but trouble with Paypal lately

Login to Me Too

Mike6851
New Community Member
I'm having the same problem PayPal don't send the code to the bank there a pain in the **bleep** I have just sold a £300 phone and I can't get the money even know the phone had been received by the buyer I have been a customer of PayPal for 7 years this is the last time I will be using them as now I have to take them to court to get the money only good thing is the solicitor has told me to hat all costs will be paid by them
Login to Me Too

thinhhuynhvn

hi there

what happen if i put wrong 2 amounts deposit number, and now i can not add my bank account. what can i do now

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Rachael
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi thinhhuynhvn,

Welcome to the community forum and thanks for posting.

If you enter the incorrect confirmation amounts 3 times your bank will become disabled. This is a security feature to make sure that only the person with access to the bank statement will be able to confirm the bank account.

Don't worry though, it's easy to fix. Just get in touch with our customer service team. As long as we can confirm that you are the account holder we can set up the bank for you again so you can add it to your account. You will then be issued with a new confirmation code. You'll find our contact details by clicking 'contact' at the bottom of any PayPal page and then call or email us.

I hope you find this useful.

Rachael

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.