Paypal refunded buyer, but returned item not received.

johnnyha
New Community Member

I had a distpute with a buyer which paypal resolved by refunding the buyer's money on the basis that the item would be sent back.

The item has not been received, and when I have queried this, I am provided with a tracking number but no idea of the shipping service used, or the address sent to.

So the bottom line is that buyer may well still have the item but his money has been refunded. I don't know how to move on from this very frustrating position.

Login to Me Too
46 REPLIES 46

ninofm
Contributor
Contributor
Try claiming outside PayPal. Any consumer services free if possible. PayPal protect their interest (money) and not other people interest. If Paypal help us they will have to spend time and money fixing all this cases like us. They want money as much as possible as any other company. So do not waste time calling customer support. You will get up set with them meanwhile they told you that the case was close, you and us can not do anything etc. You will waste your time that way. Go harder than PayPal and overcome their internal rules. Internal rules are created by them and are not laws. Go for consumers laws and consumer helpers with the laws on your hands. PayPal is not a law maker. Also remember that there is a lot more payments companies even cheapest.
Login to Me Too

Willy1979
Contributor
Contributor

Dont ever forget, even though they claim to be seperate companies now, eBay and PayPal are the same entity. Google "Timonium MD paypal workers stories" to read ex employees spill the beans.

Login to Me Too

jiggysmb1
Contributor
Contributor

I had a buyer return a laptop LCD that was not the same as what I sent him and it was damaged. Ebay emailed me stating the item had been delivered to me and that I needed to authorize the refund. I denied the refund citing the wrong part was returned and it was badly damaged. Ebay refunded the buyer the next day. Ebay would not allow me to open a claim since the return was completed already... but offered me to open a paypal seller protection claim. Paypal stated since ebay marked the transaction as resolved they could not cover under "seller protection". Not only did they refund the full amount, now I am out the return shipping and ebay fees.

My issue is ebay and paypal are the same company and only want the appearance that they are seperate companies so they dont have to actually protect sellers. How is almost 20 years is there only ebay and paypal for online transactions. Hasnt anyone seen a need for a competitor? I will be searching for alternatives in teh new year and suggest everyone support a competitive marketplace.

Login to Me Too

Dfwsoccer01
Contributor
Contributor
I am absolutely livid. I reached out on multiple occasions to get this resolved and nobody was able to. As it stands, the $500 balance was now forwarded to collections. SO NOW LETS ADD ALL OF THIS UP: 1. I got **bleep** out of the original sale, buy someone having buyers remorse. 2. I never got my original item back, and lost my money. 3. I now will be affected by having to pay a higher rate of I need to finance anything, or for any insurance premiums because it's negatively affected my credit score. This is beyond sad. I'm done with PayPal and filing legal action! Anyone want the lowdown of what transpired, read my 10/22/2016 post! WARNING TO ALL!!! Don't use eBay or Paypal to sell anything.
Login to Me Too

Maria05
How to file ?? Im also having a problem of how paypal treats sellers rights this is really not good this should be stop
Login to Me Too

lilacdropz

a similiar thing happened to me- what happens then paypal if the buyer writes incorrect address - whay refund so quickly - sounds like buyer bias

Login to Me Too

Maria05
I have this problem the buyer receives my item 2 weeks ago and send me message that it was beautiful and she was happy with it and there was a small problem with the lock bag very small scratch but then send her a new lock to replace it now she is complaining with the straps for the 1st place she did not mention it when it arrives and the only problem is the small scratch very unnoticeable and after 2 weeks complaining with the straps bag now i ask her to just return the bag cause its a 650$ and got no response but file a refund I don't know how this kind of people can sleep soundly hope karma gets them! And this paypal is a scam!! Paypal is not fair in terms of SELLERS rights!!! Paypal you have money because of us sellers!! Please try to be considerate on our side!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.