Paypal holding my money

johndunne
New Community Member

I am so sick of paypal and ebay. As soon as I eventualy get paid for the items that they are iligaly holding my money for I will no longer be using them. I have been on Ebay selling and buying since 2009 and have over 350 transactions. Since 2 in the last year ( all i can call are idiot buyers ) left negitive feedback they are holding my funds, One of which left a positive reply in spanish but negitive review ? and the other demanded a box that was not listed in the auction anyway and which I sent him at my expense. I also have multiple transactions where no feedback was left..... How is this fair? No more I am done. Ebay and paypal are just setting sellers up to be scammed. I am no longer going to use their services and I bet I wont be the only one. LOL you can have your nice respected seller certificates back that you send me ebay..........

Login to Me Too
344 REPLIES 344

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Except I am not >>> From paypal pages.

What will happen if my payment is held?
If you
receive a payment that is held by PayPal, the amounts held will show as
"Pending" in a separate PayPal balance on your account page. You will still have
access to all other funds in your PayPal account.

It would be difficult to be anything but a volunteer advisor as I don't work for them.

However you can judge my advice when you have just a few more kudos than the 1 you have.

Or when you have helped just one person from being scammed on paypal OR helped someone work there way around the system. 

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Your real charming, I replied to your post commenting it was odd that your held funds were not showing in your paypal balance. If you had replied politely I may have been able to suggest options for you.

But for no reason at all you chose to be rude and insulting.

Good bye to you to and good riddance.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

bonniec01
New Community Member

I agree with the other comments about paypal. When I put something on ebay it is because I want my money. I don't put it on ebay so that paypal can put it in an interest bearing account and draw interest off of it. If ebay wants to continue to prosper, they had better start putting some guidelines on paypal. My feedback is 100%. They also say that once a buyer leaves positive feedback that they will release your money. NOT!!!!!!! Mine left positive feedback 2 days ago and they have still not released it. I am going to start asking for money orders, as slow as the mail is, it is still faster then getting your money through paypal. I also don't like it that they make it so hard to reach them. To me this is poor business practices, I hope someone else comes up with a pay plan, I would switch without giving it a second thought.

Login to Me Too

catabaticwind

I settled a transaction on eBay and offered a partial refund to Buyer, they thanked me and confirmed it resolved the issue. 2 weeks later they started a paypal dispute saying the 10year old laptop was not as described. I was confidant that it was as described and was resolved fairly, I was also frustrated dealing with Buyer who presumed I was able to give a warranty on a 10year old laptop. As a result I directed paypal to all correspondence and escalated claim without delay, confidant that they would award fairly. They did not award fairly.

Paypal freely admitted they did not read any of the ebay correspondence and awarded a full refund to Buyer despite Seller clearly stating 'no returns policy' in auction. Paypal instructed Buyer to send it back to Seller. I don't want it back now that the 72year old self confessed hobbyist Buyer has opened laptop and is complaining about internal damage.

Paypal ignored auction terms, paypal ignored ebay policy, paypal ignored my comments raised in dispute, paypal ignored all ebay correspondence, paypal also ignored postage costs, partial refunds, ebay fees and paypal fees and offered a refund to Buyer in excess of original purchase price!!

I've contacted my lawyer and I'm wondering if paypal even use a lawyer in their dispute resolution process. My assumption is that they simply award in favour of the person that raised complaint.

I'm unable to post a new topic on forum, so please forgive my reply here. I feel strongly about this as paypal have paid $156 into my account and deducted $221 from my account. So paypal are holding my money and Buyer is holding my goods. Very dissapointed. 

Login to Me Too

Fosse
Contributor
Contributor

I agree you fore-fill all there requirements and they come up with more excuses to hold onto your money I am have had the same shoddy treatment as others from eBay and Paypal and have now stopped selling on eBay maybe if others did the same eBay and Pypal might listen but I doubt it .

Login to Me Too

kykeir14
Contributor
Contributor

what a load of rubbish

Login to Me Too

ashlingirl
Contributor
Contributor

David,

I'm having the same problem, but from the other side. I just purchased a phone over eBay using my PayPal account, and now the seller doesn't want to post it to me until she gets her money (which is not unreasonable, I don't think - but it's a major pain for me!) I should have been able to get my item on Tuesday, now I'm not sure when I'll ever see it. And yes, in the meantime PayPal is socking away my/her money and making interest off of it. If this isn't a crime, it **bleep** well should be, and I'll be reporting PayPal to the fair trading ombudsman as soon as I finish writing this email. 

I haven't sold on eBay for quite a while and had never heard of this ridiculous scheme - I have several things I need to sell, but I can tell you I won't be using eBay to do it! 

PayPal is and has always been a massive pain in the **bleep** to use; the only reason I do, occasionally, is that it's a convenient way to access one of my accounts when making purchases online. I'll be avoiding that as much as possible now, too. 

It's time for businesses to wise up and stop being so insanely greedy. You've made heaps of money by providing a unique service - be happy with that and quit trying to rip off the people who make your paycheques possible!!

Please don't bother to reply to this if you're just going to sell me the party line; it's obvious, and I don't want to hear it. What I do want is for you to stop messing me around and release the money to this seller, so I can get my item.

Amanda

Login to Me Too

onlineripoff
Contributor
Contributor

paypal refunded back over $538 dollars to 6 different buyers on case filed  this is stupid you tell me they are not a rip off my listing stated ESTATE SALE ON COINS THAT WE HAVE NO IDEAL ON VALUE SO THERE WILL NOT BE RETURN these are the exact words in descriptions on bottom  notes THESE COINS ARE FROM A ESTATE THAT I AM HELPING SELL WE HAVE NO IDEAL ON VALUE OF THESE COINS LISTED SO WE CAN'T OFFER ANY RETURNS THESE COINS COME FROM A  OWNER OF A PAWN SHOP THAT WAS LEFT TO KIDS COINS ARE MARK AS IN PHOTOS LOOK AT CLOSE UPS  word for word in listing and also had no return on return policy BAY AND PAPAL REFUNDED THEM BACK AND I WAS UNHAPPY WITH ONE CUSTOMER AND THEY SENT BACK UPS AND I HAD TO SIGN FOR IT THERE WAS 3 PENNY SAYING I GOT YOUR COINS AND MY MONEY.. LOLL. HA NO BAY AND PAPAL SAID I GOT MY COINS THAT WAS ONE PROBLEM THE HAVE ON HOLD OVER $300.00 DOLLARS OF MIND AND KEPT TAKING MONEY OUT OF MY CHECKING THAT HAS OVERDRAFT PROTECTION SO THEY COVER THE WITHDRAW AND CHARGE ME $37.50 EACH TIME ON THE LISTING I DID NOT AND MADE SURE THAT I DID NOT MISLEAD ANYONE IS NOT LIKE JUST HAVING A NO RETURN WHERE YOU HAVE A NO RETURN 3 DAYS 7 DAYS 14 DAYS 30 DAYS EXCEEDER. NO HOE CAN YOU GIVE A REFUND ON A ITEM THAT YOU NO NO VALUE AND I FORGOT TO TELL YOU THAT I HAD IN THE LISTING LOOKING AT NOW IF THE PRICE IS TO HIGH EMAIL ME BECAUSE I AM GUESSING FROM OTHER LISTING.

Login to Me Too

marjery
Contributor
Contributor

HI,CAN ANYBODY TELL ME WHAT I SHOULD DO NEXT..I HAVE SOLD 7 ITEMS AND ALL THE PAYMENTS ARE ON HOLD, ONE BUYER TOLD ME I WAS NOT A VERIFED EBAYER/PAYPALER,BUT PAYAPL HAVE TOLD ME I AM VERIFIED..INTHE MEAN TIME I HAVE A FEW BUYERS THINKING THE ITEMS ARE ON THERE WAY,WHEN IN FACT THE PAYMENT HAS NOT GONE TO MY ACCOUNT..MARJ

Login to Me Too

santarick
Contributor
Contributor

its a no win deal I'm afraid to say, if you dont ship the items the buyer will post neg. feed back and they will put a hold on it, so any way you go about it your on hold,but you have alot of company I too am in that boat.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.