Paypal Holding Money For 72 Hours!

AngryIain
Contributor
Contributor

So I recently created a paypal account just for the sake of one payment. My landlord in China couldnt bank transfer me my deposit back or western union me it so she suggested paypal. I create the account and she transfers the funds. The funds clear and I click withdraw. I get the notice that it may take up to two hours for the transfer to complete and I click confirm. After I click confirm I get the message saying it will take up to 72 hours. I have verified my bank, all details are correct so please may i know the reason for the "Paypal Review"? Are you just holding on to people's money in order to gain the interest to turn a higher profit or are you doing it to just be unreasonable. Surely you can see all the other user's angry comments on the site so why not try to resolve the matter or give an explanation as to the reasoning why? If paypal wants to remain the powerhouse of online money transfer I suggest they start caring about their customers more. Some people make a living off paypal and they need that money a lot faster than 72 hours. Resolve this paypal.

Login to Me Too
108 REPLIES 108

middywiddy

PAYPAL are a bunch of crooks

Login to Me Too

DRP996
Contributor
Contributor

Just thought id share some info for anyone else having an issue.

Ive had my account for 4+ years now and always had 2 hour transfer of funds until 24 hours ago.

I called PayPal and PayPal take the following into considiration when processing a withdrawl

- IP Address

- Device

- Amount

- Time of transaction

- Recent sale volume

I called PayPal and for me, its because of me using a VPN, they wouldnt get a read on my location.

So, apparently if i use my IP it should go through fine, so im going to attempt to disable my VPN today and withdraw.

However the VPN is build into the firms PC for spam protection, so i will update soon.

Login to Me Too

Pablosammy
Contributor
Contributor

I'm getting so fed up with EVERY SINGLE WITHDRAWAL going to pending status. It's criminal.

I've tried phoning them, but they won't let me speak to anyone involved in account security. Time and time again I've been told they'll 'look into it and get back to me', but time and time again I never receive a call or explanation.

I really, really hate Paypal. Thousands must have passed through my accounts over the years, but they don't care - they're a disgusting company to deal with these days.

I'm going to have to deal with yet another annoyed member of the public who I've sold something on a forum to...

Login to Me Too

robb1966
Contributor
Contributor

Robbing b.as.tards

Login to Me Too

LEE20011974
Contributor
Contributor

So lately paypal have been putting any money i get from sales on ebay on pending. this is not for 72 hous but for upto 21 days . i sold 2 items ona fairly new ebay accoutn and was told that that was the reason and i had to build up a sales history and reach a particular ammount of money ect befoe these restrictions where lifted. ok so i explained that the paypal account in question is also linked to another ebay account which i have over 800 positive feed back on not 1 negative not 1 neutral everysingle feedback is posotive you can clearly see both are linke togeathe though the same paypal does that not make a diffrence? No i was told it does not as the sales where made on a new ebay regardless of if its linked to same paypal as you other ebay account it must pass the criteria for the restrictions to be lifted .  Ok so i thought i cant be arsed with having my money put on pending all the time so i decided to sell a item on the other account the one with over 800 positive feed back which is atleast 4-5 years old if not olde sold and bought alot of items on it . shock horror when it sold the buye paid instantly paypal put it on pending for upto 21 days .  i wonde what their exscuse will be when i phone them tomorrow morning. 

im seriously considering reporting paypal uk to the financial conduct authority . it seems to be happening a **bleep** of alot more ecently i wonder if its beacuse they have to pay huge fines in the us for being found guilty ove there of doing the exact same thing without good reason. mayb they think us here in the uk dont read the news in the us and know how much of a corupt oganisation they have become. i think its time paypal uk was also investigated.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@LEE20011974

Is feedback on the other ebay account mostly for buys??

Read below and see if any of the reasons fit with that account  >>

Reasons why you may have returned to the hold as per link above possibly are >>>

1. New seller.

2. Not sold for a while and returned to selling.

3. Dipped star ratings on ebay.

4. Recent buyer disputes.

5. Selling on a different email address or ebay i.d.

6. Suddenly selling a high cost item against normal selling history?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

LEE20011974
Contributor
Contributor

none of the above are applicable . i have had no negative feedback i am 100% posotive on my feedback with over 800 feedback  i have never beena big seller it has always been a case of selling occasionaly here and there. so my history is clear to see. i have sold 2 items 3 weeks ago whch sold for over £80 each at the same time esulting in a payment higher than the one they have just put on pending . and those payments did not get put on pending. they where also vey high demand elctonic items( toys ) that are vey popular this xmas . 

can you belive a manage at ebay today put the phone down on me when i demanded a letter of deadlock as we obviously are not going to get this sorted. he insisted  he reaon was beacuse i had not put any tracking information on the item . i then explained neithe did i with the 2 items i sold 3 weeks ago so thats not a good enough reason. he then changed his reasoning to the fact its a branded electonic item . hmmm the 2 items i sold 3 weeks ago where electronic items of even highe demend that this item. 

then as i sy when asking for lette of deadlock as i was fed up with the constant exscuses and was taking it to the financial ombusman for investigation he hung up .

holding peoples funds seems to becomming a vey common pactice for paypal ecently even on long standing accounts with a solid excelent poven history like mine. its pretty obviouse to me they are gaining alot of interest of other peoples money which if im correct they are found out to be doing will be in seiouse trouble. 

as for the complete and utte numpty who suggested on a peviouse post they are entitled to make money of us as they are a buisness i only have one thing to say .I belive thats why they charge us fee's  you complete and utter idiot.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@LEE20011974

Actually you are posting on a thread to do with the 72 hour random security hold we all get from time to time when we WITHDRAW FUNDS to our bank accounts.

Yours sounds more like the new seller hold but as ebay and paypal have now split and this thread is now years old and some of the info out of date your best bet is to post on the ebay and not paypal forums as this is an ebay and not paypal hold and they have a different system for release of funds now.

So paypal is holding your money FOR EBAY and normally release it when EBAY tell them to.

And to be fair to ebay and paypal its very rarely 21 days, when i went through the hold I got most of my funds within a week to ten days. And as i have to wait a month till pay day when I am in my real life job even 21 days did not seem that bad.

Plus the fact it does not last that long.

As for the small amount of whingers on this thread compared to the probable thousands uncomplainingly going through the hold then why agree to it in the user agreement and open a paypal account if you are unhappy in the first place?

Their site their rules whether you like it or not.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Mephistophele
Contributor
Contributor
Kernolass, what a puerile comment. "Why you opened a PayPal account if you don't like the rules". Simply due to the fact that there are NO rules.Totally unregulated,mate.I worked for a financial institution for many years and the part that say"could take longer depending on your bank" make me cringe every time.I know that how you repeat parrot like that PayPal is not a bank the fact is that they want to have all the benefits of a bank without none of the responsibilities.And the fact that PayPal and ebay split? Lol.....keep dreaming.:
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Mephistophele

The fact someone doesn't want to comply with the rules does not change the fact that there are some.

I think the dreamers are the ones that post abuse and then continue to keep using their paypal accounts.

If I hate a company then I don't use them.........simple.

Lastly its best to use the @Mephistophele  format rather than type the name, you may get the spelling correct then!!

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.