Payment to Pitney Bowes

GrannyNanny
Contributor
Contributor

I recently made  a purchase from the USA to UK.   Part of the payment was to Pitney Bowes for shipping/customs.  The seller cancelled the order and refunded the cost of the item.  The seller requested I accept the cancellation and refund, which I did.

As Paypal made the payment to Pitney Bowes I expected PayPal to immediately refund the extra money but nothing has appeared in my account.

PayPal won't let me open a dispute because the PB payment was made under the same transaction number and they consider a refund has been completed and I cannot reopen the case.

What do I do now?

Thanks

Login to Me Too
33 REPLIES 33

paulflint
New Community Member

I am experiencing exactly the same issue.

The seller says they cannot refund the part of the payment that went to pitney bowes.
I am unable to open a case with paypal or ebay as the item fee has been refunded.

Even after eventually managing to get a number to call ebay and wasting half an hour on the phone they told me I made a separate payment for shipping and was not covered by ebay protection programme.

I explained that I did not make a separate payment, paypal split the payment.

After a bit of research I found this on ebay.

http://pages.ebay.co.uk/shipping/globalshipping/buyer-tnc.html

Item 4a and 4b detail that I AM covered by the ebay protection programme so I emailed ebay with information on THEIR website that they seem totally unaware of and am waiting for a reply.

Login to Me Too

GrannyNanny
Contributor
Contributor

Hi.  Nice to see that I am not battling alone.    I had found exactly the same document  as you and am still waiting for a reply from ebay regarding a refund.

They did reply at the beginning stating that I need to contact PayPal but so far have had no email contact from PayPal.

If you do receive anything positive from ebay, please post the info here.

Thanks

Login to Me Too

Matt444
Contributor
Contributor

The same has happened to me but the seller has sent my item to the Pitney Bowes address which they received on the confirmation of payment they got from me. Part of me doesnt 100% believe them as they havent been overly helpful in sorting it out but it is mega frustrating as I paid for the goods as a guest rather than log in to my account as I wanted to use a different card. I have a horrible feeling i am not going to see this money again? 

Login to Me Too

Roy_L
New Community Member

And here it is, November 2014, and I have had exactly the same problem. Transaction cancelled by seller, I agreed, the seller refunded nearly all of the purchase price but the shipping charge (about $18) has gone to you know who. Any attempts to communicate and request a refund are ignored (or maybe laughed at?). Won't touch anything with Global Shipping in the future. Haven't bothered to try a dispute because it looks like that is futile too. This is not good for ebay or paypal or online shopping in general. NEEDS FIXING!

Login to Me Too

ivanbmj
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

Same happened to me few days ago.

My payment to eBay seller was split and Pitney Bowes gor my sweet 9 £.

The seller has never heard about PB and I had to pay extra 9 £ to the seller for shippment.

I reported to PayPal and still waiting for their reply.

If I do not get 9 £ back I will be forced to stop using PayPal and instead pay by card or some other way.

I simply think it is BIG SCANDAL that PayPal pays PB by our money for something (what????) that we are not being informed about and did not have chance to accept/agree.

ivanbmj

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Arda

Hi ivanbmj,

Welcome to our community page.

I understand this situation can be frustrating. Please allow me to clarify this for you. The Global Shipping Program is an eBay scheme which offers a postal intermediation and customs clearing service to make selling internationally as simple as selling domestically for eBay sellers. 

eBay have partnered with a third-party logistics company Pitney Bowes. They will handle duty, tax, postage costs, and international fulfilment service.

This is a huge benefit for you as you will get the benefit of knowing about and paying all customs charges upfront, so there is no surprise fees later.  Plus you will also benefit from an increase in the choice of goods available for shipment to their country.

I hope this info helps. Thanks for posting. 🙂

Arda

Login to Me Too

ivanbmj
Contributor
Contributor

Hi PayPal_Arda,

This what you wrote is nonsens.

I, as PayPal user, wish to be asked if I wish to pay 9 GBP extra for some service which, BTW, I never before needed and I do not think will ever need.

Please see that I get my 9 GBP back as soon as posebile since neither I or the seller do not have any use of PB, so mcalled, services.

Regards

ivanbmj

Login to Me Too

realdannys
New Community Member

ivanbmj, you're just a touch dim.

Login to Me Too

Dontleafmediswa
New Community Member
Asda What's the adress where to send parcels I have sold on eBay and have not been notified until the seller told me he had paid and much more expensive than royal mail (twice as expensive) To Pitney Bowes...... The communication on this matter is criminal from Pitney Bowes and eBay and PayPal don't seem to be helping,I haven't got a clue where the international postal service address is for pitney Bowles and wouldn't have used this service anyway.... These rotters are making a mockery of us hard working people...what what
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.