Payment to Pitney Bowes

GrannyNanny
Contributor
Contributor

I recently made  a purchase from the USA to UK.   Part of the payment was to Pitney Bowes for shipping/customs.  The seller cancelled the order and refunded the cost of the item.  The seller requested I accept the cancellation and refund, which I did.

As Paypal made the payment to Pitney Bowes I expected PayPal to immediately refund the extra money but nothing has appeared in my account.

PayPal won't let me open a dispute because the PB payment was made under the same transaction number and they consider a refund has been completed and I cannot reopen the case.

What do I do now?

Thanks

Login to Me Too
33 REPLIES 33

Sc0rpi0
New Community Member

Hi All

I've a membership at "The Danish Weblawyers" and I've asked them about the following:

If the seller cancels an order, but I've already been drawn for the costs for the item and also separately have been drawn from a 3rd party CargoFirm in contract with PayPal (Which guarantees buyer protection), and after recived a refund from the Seller, Paypal refuses to refund the shipping cost, where do I stand in these?

The answer ( or the importent part of it):(Translated from Danish 2 English)

.... It doesn't sound like you are dealing with / through Paypal ..... please check the mails and if then return ....

Be sure you know that my answer only is valid if you never have recieved the package and therefore not if your just regretted the deal, not have picked up or / and have returned the order yourself.

... 1st. Contact Paypal opposing their decision giving them a week to respond. If they maintain their decision, or doesn't respond (???), them get in touch with the consumer ombudsman and ask them to file a case (It will cost you kr. 260,00) = $45-48 ...

... no one can charge anyone for a service not provided...

I was also told that I would get the start fee back if I succeeds (at least here in Denmark.)    

Login to Me Too

PeterVonSkala
Contributor
Contributor

Are you serious ? This **bleep** pitnei bowes steal me 650€ yesterday i ordered car parts and it say something about my credit card and transaction cant be done but some **bleep** pitney bowes thieves steal my 650€ in 3 different transactions. I have to delete my visa card and let my bank to investigate this. I didnt received any email with info about car parts was ordered and ebay is saying that i didnt pay fo car prats so why fo the love of god this pitnei boys steal all my money my **bleep** 650€. So stop talking **bleep** about big benefits and give me my money back please.

Login to Me Too

tricci57
Contributor
Contributor

DOES ANYBODY HERE REALLY BELIEVE THAT PAYPAL OR EBAY REALLY GIVES TWO DAMNs ABOUT THE USER IN GENERAL?  AND AMONGST ALL THIS DO YOU REALLY THINK THAT PITNEYBOWES GIVE ANOTHER TWO DAMNS?.......I HAVE MINIMIZED MY ON LINE BUYING FROM EBAY BECAUSE OF THIS **bleep** PROBLEM.  

I AM TOO OLD AND PUT UP WITH THIS BS FOR TOO LONG...........I AM LEAVING TO YOU THE YOUNG ONES TO DEAL WITH THESE DAMNS

LET THEM HAVE IT BOYS AND GIRLS, LET THEM PAY FOR IT. 

Login to Me Too

modmania
New Community Member

NO IT DOESN'T HELP.....

If transaction is cancelled by seller, then how do you get refund for Global Shipping..... 

i.e. Pitney Bowes.     

Big Rip Off in my opinion, if seller refunds then Global shipping should be refunded too.... shouldn't have to fight for it.

Login to Me Too

gunnar-sweden
Contributor
Contributor

PayPal have told me it is NOT an issue of concern for PayPal. People who have problems with this need to talk to Ebay.

So, Ebay have launched their Global Shipping Program without having all functionality resolved.
When a seller cancels and refunds payment for a product this does not cancel the Pitney Bowes shipping fee.
That fee is charged as a pre-paid postage, technically regarded as already purchased by the *buyer* of the package.
If the seller choses not to ship the package then tough luck; you have already paid and if the package was not handed over to Pitney Bowes for shipment that is not regarded as their problem.

So in my case before the seller sent off the package which already had the address label on it, it was discovered that the part would not fit and the seller thus did not send the package off but refunded the product price. The already charged Pitney Bowes fee was over 100 dollars for this heavy part.
And I will never see those 100 dollars refunded. Pitney Bowes got them even though they never picked up or shipped anything. They issued a tracking number.

Login to Me Too

Zee16
Hi there, It just happened today as i wanted to buy 350z headlights from eBay Am-autoparts the reference number Manufacturer Part Number AM-10585385. PAYPAL MADE A PAYMENT FROM MY VISA TO PITNEY BOWES OF $ 199.22 WHILE I WAS TRY BUYING THIS ITEM?? HID Xenon Headlights Headlamps Left & Right Lamp Pair Set for 03-05 Nissan 350Z Please refund my money urgently Even the item price it not match the transaction you took it out of my visa card Thanks and i hope you can get back to me
Login to Me Too

gunnar-sweden
Contributor
Contributor

It seems it can happen as well if your credit card does not have funds to pay for the entire purchase including shipping and import taxes then the Pitney Bowes part can succeed while the rest fails ?

Login to Me Too

rachelgooch
New Community Member

2 months ago i purchased a item of ebay from the usa any way i didnt noticed pitney bowes when i was purchasing so i didnt worry then there was a problem at customs and my money was refunded 45$ which is a lot so i wondered who this pitney bowes is now i would like to know what is going on why should i have to pay bowes because i paid postage from the seller on ebay which was taken also so why are these scumbags are robbing us not once was i asked if i wanted this service so i think i wont be using paypal no more there all robbing **bleep** 

Login to Me Too

tricci57
Contributor
Contributor

DOES ANYBODY HERE REALLY BELIEVE THAT PAYPAL OR EBAY REALLY GIVES TWO DAMNs ABOUT THE USER IN GENERAL?  AND AMONGST ALL THIS DO YOU REALLY THINK THAT PITNEYBOWES GIVE ANOTHER TWO DAMNS?.......I HAVE MINIMIZED MY ON LINE BUYING FROM EBAY BECAUSE OF THIS **bleep** PROBLEM.  

I AM TOO OLD AND PUT UP WITH THIS BS FOR TOO LONG...........I AM LEAVING TO YOU THE YOUNG ONES TO DEAL WITH THESE DAMNS

LET THEM HAVE IT BOYS AND GIRLS, LET THEM PAY FOR IT. 

Login to Me Too

Seems to be a few issues with PITNEY BOWES.

I sold 2 items on Ebay, 1 item local sale $ 1 item Interstate( still in Ausralia) the Ebay sale was smooth & funds credited to my PayPal account no problem pending clearance. end of storey I thort NO, while I slept on 28/7/15 had approx 40 small deposits of $00.01 cent go into my PayPal linked Bank Visa debit card Then 117 Unauthorized fraudulant transactions over $1000 from PAYPAL PITNEY BOWES. !! Now have had my accounts frozen, cant even get cash to post the sold items to the buyers. Whilst my accounts are frozen PITNEY BOWES are still trying my account with even more TEST deposits of $00.01 cents. Biggest scam ever. & yet Ebay, PayPal & PITNEY BOWES All boast how secure your sensitive imformation is handled. NOT IMPRESSED !!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.