Payment to Pitney Bowes

GrannyNanny
Contributor
Contributor

I recently made  a purchase from the USA to UK.   Part of the payment was to Pitney Bowes for shipping/customs.  The seller cancelled the order and refunded the cost of the item.  The seller requested I accept the cancellation and refund, which I did.

As Paypal made the payment to Pitney Bowes I expected PayPal to immediately refund the extra money but nothing has appeared in my account.

PayPal won't let me open a dispute because the PB payment was made under the same transaction number and they consider a refund has been completed and I cannot reopen the case.

What do I do now?

Thanks

Login to Me Too
33 REPLIES 33

tricci57
Contributor
Contributor

Ok, I really upset over these charges; I have read the complaints on this site and for the most part I can't believe that PayPal is not acting on this.  This is unprofessional and totally against best business practices.  There is nothing on the T&C during the time of purchase that states that I should expect an additional charge from a third party (Pitney Bowes) for stamps or shipping charges or brokers fee.  The T&Cs provide are not user friendly and for the most part hidden from the consumer when making a purchase.

I have supported the sellers and PayPal for years but if this practice continues, I will stop using this services just as I do with other suppliers and third party merchants. I cannot deal in this type of business. Also, if the sellers know of this practice, why don't they flag on the message board? the lack of particpation will only want me to stop buying from such vendors that do not participate in a clean transaction.  i did contact the seller and he asked me if I was confused!  there is nothing confusing the buhyers are getting charged for a service that is hidden and unnecessary, these are operating costs that sellers should consider.

thomasricci at rogers dot com 

Login to Me Too

autumnskin
Contributor
Contributor

Tottaly agree ,

unfortunatley PAYPAL won't be on your side looks to me they protect sellers but definetley not buyers .

Spoiler

Login to Me Too

gunnar-sweden
Contributor
Contributor
In my case my issue was resolved by Ebay who instructed Paypal to issue a refund. I would say Paypal is unlikely to have much of a role in this. It is a payment service owned by Ebay owners and carries out charging of Ebay customers per Ebay instructions. So for complaining about the Ebay Global Shipping Program scheme (which involves the Pitney Bowes fees for its shipping involvment) Ebay is the architect to complain to.
Login to Me Too

rudyspies
New Community Member

I wanted to purchase an item to be shipped to South Africa costing $408. Import charges and shipping came to about $100.

My card was declined for unknown reasons, but the amount of $100 is reserved on my card to Pitney Bowes !!!

Then why the **bleep** was my transaction declined ???

To report the problem to ebay, one gets entangled in a serious web of questions and information which has driven me mad.

I do not have a transaction number since the transaction was not completed.

Rudy Spiessens

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.