PayPal e-mail address for an individual business?

Jonboro
Contributor
Contributor

Yes, I've read the other posts about a PayPal e-mail address. . .!

I'm puzzled because a company that I pay bills to through PayPal still had my old (now defunct and not working) e-mail address on their My Account details. But I found I couldn't update it to my current e-mail address. I asked if they could do so"behind the scenes".

They said no they couldn't. I would have to delete my current payment agreement through PayPal (on their website) and create a new one with the new e-mail address. When I tried to cancel I was told I had to register a credit card before I could cancel the agreement. So I did that, and clicked on the link to create a new agreement with the company.

I found myself transferred to PayPal, to the usual panel I complete as I am making a payment. But I don't want to make a payment, I thought, I don't owe anything. But I perserved and suddenly found I was being thanked for starting a new agreement. By the company, I think. And I wasn't being asked for a payment.

Baffled? I certainly was.

Then I told the company all of this and commented that they certaibnly liked to make things complicated for their customers. Why couldn't I just change my details on the My Profile part of My Account (with them) instead of "bothering" PayPal.

I pay a range of businesses through PayPal without the other business demanding a separate e-mail address. I use the one I have had for a time.

If you're still reading this(!), does anyone know why I had to go through the procedure for just that company? I should say PayPal weren't asking for a new agreement.      

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Dian

Hi Jonboro,

On your PayPal profile you are able to change your email address and that would have no influence on any billing agreement or subscription that is still active. So I think that this would be something specific for this seller. I am afraid that for more information only that seller can help you. 

- Dian

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.