My paypal account displays in French when I log in

jakeus
Contributor
Contributor

I am a UK resident with a UK account, but now when I log in, the language changes to French and I am stuck.

How do I fix this, and why did it happen? I recently made a purchase from someone with a French paypal account, but why would this change my paypal language?

Login to Me Too
21 REPLIES 21

PayPal_lucy

Hey there,

This is a weird one alright.

Does it do this on any other PC?

I would advise clearing the cache and cookies on your PC. Depending on which browser you use, this can be done under 'Options,' 'Preferences,' or 'Tools'. Have a look at your browser's online help section for further information if you are not sure on how to do this.

Let us know how you get on.

Login to Me Too

C0nfu5ed
New Community Member

This has happened to me aswell, did you manage to get this resolved

It happened over a year ago and have no idea why. It doesn't matter where I login it's in french?

please help

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Wayne

Hi there,

I am going to get our engineers to look into this as it's more than one person. If I hear anything back I will let you all know.

Wayne

Login to Me Too

BluesDive_STL
New Community Member

Same problem on my account, trying to set up with paypal as a merchant, but I'd rather not enter legally binding arrangements when the contracts are being translated by google on the fly >_<

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Wayne

Hi all,

This is a known bug, we have our engineers working on it as speak. Any changes I will of course let you know

Wayne

Login to Me Too

Shelley_H1
New Community Member

Mine also does this- i have changed back the language to English using the settings, however it doesnt work on every page. The first payment i made with this account was to France and I appear to have a French account. I recently tried to change my address and the pre-filled country was France but i was unable to change it. i wasn't able to withdraw money from the account (it was some time ago i cant remember why, but it was something to do with it not going to a french bank account i believe?) and had to paypal it to a friends account and have them withdraw the funds then bank tranfer me! how can i change my account country?!

Login to Me Too

MilliesMum
New Community Member

Unfortunately, my account has suddenly decided to do the same and display completely in French. I am als from the UK. I have no idea (even though I can understand basic French) how to change it back as even though I have gone into the preferences section, there is no box  or option to change language preference. I have no way of looking at my profile - I don't know if that button exists next to the name in English Paypal anymore, but from the pages I have looked at online, people are suggesting to go into your profile in Paypal and the language preference option is  in there. I am completely stumped and quite upset as I use Paypal for lots of things including my business. 

Login to Me Too

Amiee
Contributor
Contributor
Hi, I live in the uk and for a few months my PayPal has been in French, my debit card has expired and need to change the card details so I can purchase items from eBay. I see others have had the same problem, is there a way you can fix this? It happens on any computer an on my iPhone app! It's getting on my nerves now! Would appreciate it if you could sort this out for me Regards Amiee
Login to Me Too

garibaldi
New Community Member

Has this issue been sorted yet as I am also having the same problem - Paypal account is testing my schoolgirl French to the limit?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.