I moved to another country !

AllieRoseka
Contributor
Contributor
Hello ! I used to live in the Uk before and I mainly used this account to receive payments from students I taught online, now I have moved to Morocco and as a result I have shut down my UK bank account, credit card and phone number. I have created a new Paypal with Morocco listed as my country, but some students still sent me money to my old paypal. Now I have over 300 US dollars in my balance on my old unverified paypal that I cannot send to my new one, I have tried linking my new credit card to verify it but since the billing adress is in Morocco it didnt work. I want to close my old unverified account but I want to transfer my balance to my new one. Please help, I need that money to pay my rent that is due on thursday.
Login to Me Too
7 REPLIES 7

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

First, start looking for another source of funding for your immediate needs; you won't have your other funds.

You could try a phone call to PayPal customer service for help to find out if there is a solution.  There may not be a solution until you return to UK.

Login to Me Too

lancelotme
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

I wonder if he can log into his old UK account and send the money to himself in Moroco?

or ask someone in UK to login and send payment to him?

someone you can trust,like your Mom.

Login to Me Too

AllieRoseka
Contributor
Contributor
I can log in to my old paypal account, but I cannot send money or payments or anything. I have added my new (moroccan) credit card to my old account but its still not letting me send money since the billing address doesnt match the one on the account. Unfortunately, my family and I havent been on speaking terms for years now (part of the reason i moved) but thank you for the suggestion !
Login to Me Too

lancelotme
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

well,then the last resort will be asking your student to file a dispute and get their monetyback (not chargeback as you will end up paying $20),then resent to your Morocan account or you send them an invoice asking for money.

You said you can still log into your UK account,then if they file  a dispute,may be you can respondby refunding,or if you dont,Paypal will do it for you.  

Login to Me Too

lancelotme
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

can you revive your UK credit card or apply for a new one ?

Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Do not attempt to add cards/banks that are not from same country as PP account.  That would be seen as suspicious activity.  I would also go with the option of getting the money refunded by dispute because account is closed and have the money resent to new account. So get in contact with the individuals who sent you money and have them dispute the money due to account closure. And why the blank do PP accept payments to closed accounts, argh!

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

AllieRoseka
Contributor
Contributor
Haha wish I would have seen this before ! My account just got flagged for suspicious behaviour after I added a debit card, I'll see if I can ask my students to take back their money and send it to my new account, hopefully this will work as I can no longer access my account nor can I confirm it since the phone number on my old paypal is for my old UK phone. Thank you all for your suggestions !
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.