Error message: 'We're sorry, but we can't send your payment right now.'

sojmed
Contributor
Contributor

I'm trying to send money to a friend with a paypal account from my paypal account. I get the message:

'We're sorry, but we can't send your payment right now.'

What does this mean? Do I keep trying? Why can't paypal send my payment? Can I contact someone to find out what's going on?

Login to Me Too
71 REPLIES 71

exuppilot
Contributor
Contributor

Is your account verified ? Getting it verified is simple paypal send a small amount of money to your bank account (as i recall) you just tell them the amount (exactly) usually 2 payments.

Double check the recipient ! Make sure you have it exactly right, if in doubt delete and type it in again in my case I had a little 1 character typo.

Not sure if this will help but worth a try.

Login to Me Too

Dim12
Contributor
Contributor

My account is verified from the first day i created my paypal account. Is there any email to contact paypal?????????

Login to Me Too

exuppilot
Contributor
Contributor

Click on paypal help .. top right of screen 

Login to Me Too

Tomziska
New Community Member

I have the same issue. Every time I try to send money I get this message. I am sick of that as I can't do payments properly.
Paypal please take care about your system soonest. 

Login to Me Too

Limon007
New Community Member

Fats
Contributor
Contributor

I've encountered the same problem. I've been using PayPal for 3 years or so, never had any problems making payments or receiving funds. For the past 3 days I've been trying to send money to a recipient to whom I've sent money dozens of times before, but I keep getting the same error message.

I sent a Help request and received a confusing e-mail about how this is done by an automated system which cannot be overridden and to "try again later"??? This is beyond absurd. What do I need to do in order to use the service I signed up for? Thanks.

Login to Me Too

whateverusay
Contributor
Contributor

Sorry, there's a problem. Please try again later.

I keep getting the above, with ZERO explanation.

I REALLY need to send money, but there's no PayPal support on Saturday past 11am Eastern?

.Tried over and over and even re-linked my credit card.

Bank transfer takes 3 to 5 days.

I have a deadline. Any ideas?

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Anna

Hi whateverusay,

Welcome to the Community Forum!

I’m sorry to hear you are experiencing issues with sending a payment.

I would recommend you contacting us so we can review your account in detail. We provide support on Social Media 24/7.

You can contact us directly on Twitter @AskPayPal or on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/PayPalUK.

Hope it will help!

Anna

Login to Me Too

zogmorph1

I got this message the other day when trying to send funds. And the next morning, and 20-30 more times as I went through 4 hours of troubleshooting with PayPal and Apple tech support, with no solution.

So then I tried sending to an alternate email address and it went throgh without a hitch.

Turns out "Sorry, please try again later" is PayPal's generic error message for everything, and has NOTHING to do with when you try. In my case, the recipient had changed his account info so the email address I was using was no longer linked to an account. 

PayPal, in their total absence of wisdom, apparently decided there was no need for a message telling you to check if spelling and account info was correct, instead just telling you to wait. And wait. And wait... You can wait til the cows come home and it wouldn't make a difference.

And in their further absence of wisdom, nobody at PayPal seems to know this. Their incompetence is only exceeded by their disregard for wasting customers' time.

So, in my case, "Sorry, please try again later" actually means "invalid email address / invalid account info". But since it's a GENERIC response, it really could mean pretty much ANYTHING, and thus actually means NOTHING.

Login to Me Too

whateverusay
Contributor
Contributor

I keep getting this error: Sorry, there's a problem. Please try again later.

Yes, I have ZERO balance, but PayPal is supposed to be able to take from my credit card and/or bank.

What is up? How do I solve this?

i have a deadline! Bank transfer takes 3 to 5 days!

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.