Ecrater Scam/Fraud

Heart4Art
Contributor
Contributor

I recently bought * From Ecrater.com*  ( mind you went through ALOT of trouble just to get the money in my paypal account to buy this item) Everything was fine and he said he'd even do a two day shipping because of all the hassle. well I kept nagging him for the tracking number and this is where it starts getting stupid. He said it wouldn't ship, that UPS wouldnt let him pay with his business card. after about 3 days I decided to check and see(he said he was a privately owned *Overstock* employer) If he really was from the real overstock..low and behold he's not. 1 day later he decides he's going to give me a refund back. the full of course. but guess what happens..because of the rediculous 1 week delay of holding the money(The FAULT of paypal), *this is my thought* He took the money out of his paypal then out of his bank and just ran away. Now i'm waiting for the slow SLOW process of getting my money back i've already lost around 15$ just for transaction fees to get that money into my account, I still have no item nor any money to get one. i'm very frustrated that this is taking forever to resolve because it's not that hard to figure out he's not going to answer you back and he's definately a scammer considering that i've talked to him throughout this whole thing and then after I reported him to overstock I haven't heard a word since...

Login to Me Too
23 REPLIES 23

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

I'm confused as to why you had trouble getting money into your account and why you would need to and also why you needed to pay?

If you link a debit or credit card then paypal take directly from that instantly for you....although it takes a few days for paypal to get their money they credit it to the seller at once.

I am glad you have filed a dispute and hopefully escalated it to a claim but yes you are right it does take a little while as paypal have no idea that your seller is a scammer and must allow him time to provide a tracking number etc. 

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Heart4Art
Contributor
Contributor

Hello, and thank you for replying.

The reason is because I got a gift certificate for *so amount* and was trying to get the product without going through paypal. The other site wouldnt let me so I had to get money out of the atm from my husbands debit card(3$ fee) then pay for the moneypak(5$fee) (and if you include the gas of doing this then it adds up to 15$) - I shouldve just gave up and bought from amazon but stupid me I was in a hurry and wanted the product asap I do not like waiting. and since i've been waiting patiently for a while now I'm getting frustrated.

It took approximately 2 days for OverStock to figure out he was a fraud dont understand why paypal has to take so long.

I originally just wanted to know how long the process takes especially when paypal is review the claim/dispute 

Login to Me Too

avn_0903
New Community Member

Excellent Buying Experience 4.5 stars

I have bought from ecrater for over 100 times and it has been great for me. It is true that there are scammers on ecrater and for the first several times I got scammed by some fraudulent sellers. At first I was really **bleep** at the scammers and ecrater in general and even vowed that I would never go back to shop from this website ever again.

However after some time I thought back to the experience and realized that it was my fault that I got scammed. I never checked to see whether the sellers were legit or not. I went on ecrater again to check and saw that none of the sellers that I bought from had positive feedback ratings. Not only that, they did not even had any contact information that I could use or any policy on their Terms page. 

After that I decided to buy only from sellers with good feedback ratings, have a list of policy, clear contact information and things have turned out really well for me. Now not only do I enjoy the low price that ecrater sellers provide but I also get the excellent customer service from top notch ecrater sellers such as this one: xxxxxxxwhich is an excellent 925 sterling silver jewelry retailer that I shop regularly from. You can get really beautiful and classy 925 silver earrings, rings, necklaces, bracelets anklets etc. from here without ever having to worry about being scammed. Check out their ratings and policy first n see for yourself.

edited to remove personal links

Login to Me Too

PayPal_paula

Hi avn_0903, 

I am glad to hear that you have had a good experience with this seller. 

To comply with forum guidelines I have had to remove the link from your post.

Thanks 

Paula 

Login to Me Too

ZiniBetsy
New Community Member

Avn 0903 is not a real person! I've seen the same review word for word in other places. Google "ecrater" and then click on ecrater reviews. The same exact thing is posted by someone named Andy Love. This just goes to show that it's all balogne.

Ecrater is trying to cover up for the abundance of scams on their site by spreading propaganda that it's a good place to shop. Are you kidding me? I just received a counterfeit tablet. There's NO way to remedy this situation and the site does NOT get back to you on these topics. Frankly, they don't care, they just want your money.

Sincerely,

**bleep** Consumer.

PLEASE DON'T BUY FROM ECRATER. YOU WILL REGRET IT. It is the scum of the internet.

Login to Me Too

investmentsgb
Contributor
Contributor

I'm a seller on ecrater and I think that eCrater is better than eBay. 

Like eBay, there are some shady sellers on eCrater website.

But, there are more good sellers on eCrater website just as there are some good sellers on eBay website. 

Not every seller is the same, shame on you 😞

Login to Me Too

TheDecalKing

Yall are so funny. Its clear by what everyone that "got scammed" is saying that none of yall did any research. When you say that ECRATER is a scam thats like saying the MALL is a scam. LMAO
You are not buying from ecrater. You are buying from some random individual that has set up their store on ecrater. If someone burns you it is in no way shape or form the fault of ecrater. Your issue is with the person/business that actually ripped you off. 
If you use a legit form of payment proccesing like paypal then you can buy with confidence as paypal, unless what you bought is a custom item, will 99% of the time side with the customer and replace the funds. 
Its ignorant reviews like these that make it hard for legit business owners that also sell stuff online to make a living. By bashing ecrater you turn possible sales away from hardworking honest people. Dont let your issues impact the good people. Do your research BEFORE you make a purchase online. Read the shops reviews. Google the business name and see if anyone has left a review of their experience. Chances are wherever youre shopping at, ebay, etsy, ecrater, facebook, or wherever if the shop has alot of positive reviews, its safe to purchase from them. If they have negative reviews or hardly any sales, keep looking. Simple

Login to Me Too

internetuser452
New Community Member

I have been scammed at ecrater too. A claim has been opened against the scammer at paypal. I was charged 400 dollars for blackberry z10 phone. The phone never arrived but the payment sent. The seller was a fraud. I am still very worried if I would get my 400 back or not. Paypal should not put its logo on such shady websites where there's so much scam going on. For years, when I visited a website with paypal logo I was convinced it will be a genuine experience. This is the first time someone scammed me this badly through paypal. I would like that scammer to be prosecuted. This is theft, robbery and no less than financial terrorism.  Being unemployed I have been hit very hard. 

Login to Me Too

GeminiSS
Contributor
Contributor

It's people like this that make it sad for us sellers who care about providing good product and good service. I have been a seller at Ecrater since 2009, and fortunatly I have never had a bad experience. My customers are all happy. It just erks me that's all. Sorry for your experience.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.