COMPENSATION FROM PAYPAL

richgazza
Contributor
Contributor

Last week I had confirmation (finally) from paypal that my buyers payment had cleared, the next day I arranged a courier collection as this is an item worth £185! didn't think anymore of it until the next day when I checked my paypal account to discover the payement was on hold - when I contacted Paypal, I was assured that this was routine as I was posting a risk item, I wouldn't mind but I have been selling for years, have a good account conduct etc.  Meanwhile the item is enroute to the customer.  Over the weekend I felt rather uneasy... I rang paypal again to be told a different reason - There is a problem with the buyer, he is a new member, registered at mulitple addresses, high risk! When I asked if I am seller protected, I was told 'I should be' - that to me isn't definite.

During our conversation, it was mentioned that if I can get the item back, then this woiuld be the best option..... Luckily enough, the item is tracked and is now on it's way back to me.

BUT! I paid £9 for the postage, and with all the incorrect information given, the stress and costly calls....... Why should I be out of pocket due to Paypals poor standards!

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

PayPal_paula

Hi richgazza,

I am sorry to hear that you were provided with incorrect information and didn't receive the service you required. However I am glad to hear that your parcel was located and is on its way back to you.

May I suggest that you review our seller protection policy so you will know in the future how to ensure you are covered.  You can find information very simply by clicking on ‘Legal Agreements’ at the bottom of every PayPal page.

I understand that this will not change what has already happened but may protect you from it happening in the future.

Thanks

Paula

Login to Me Too

Hotladdie
Contributor
Contributor
I agree that Paypal should pay out compensation when they get things wrong! Something happened with my Paypal account. Money was paid in on the Friday but I could not get my money out for ages! Paypal said they had fixed the problem about 6 times before I eventually got my availability to withdraw. I think many people encountered the same problem about 2 weeks ago. I contacted Paypal and they refused to pay me compensation too. We all have to take legal action against them! Anyone else in the same position, please contact me. Does Paypal think it is above the law?
Login to Me Too

JONNYB
New Community Member

HI

I feel i may soon have a case for compensation.

Bought a car on ebay 2/1/2017 payed by c card threw paypal.

Was suppose to collect car this Sunday.

Seller contacted me to say he couldnt get his money for 21 days.

Called paypal was told last night by paypal get the seller to rufund the it

would be credited back to my c card.

Asked would it go  on to my card straight away WAS TOLD YES.

Explained i needed to get the cash to buy the car for work next week.

So far nothings back on my card.

Called them tonite and was told 2 to 5 days;

All becauce there incompetent employee LIED.

So till i get the money i carnt get to work as the headgasket on my cars gone.

Was seeing solicitor on a seperate matter , she said fill in freedom of info and get a copy of

the conversation to prove i was mislead and wrongly advised.

As theve tied up my funds i have no choice but wait.

OF CORSE PEOPLE SHOULD BE ABLE TO SUE OR CLAIM COMPENSATION.

FAILING THAT VOTE WITH YOUR FEET DONT USE THEM.

I WONT EVER AGAIN.

USELESS SERVICE.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.