Ebay payment problem

Alex322
Contributor
Contributor

I've used paypal on ebay for many years without any problems. However,  after buying an item the other day, I was unable to pay for it. I keep getting reminders from ebay to pay for it, but Paypal won't let me. This is only affecting ebay and not other sites. How do I rectify this?

Login to Me Too
56 REPLIES 56

MMBB
New Community Member

@Alex322 wrote:

I've used paypal on ebay for many years without any problems. However,  after buying an item the other day, I was unable to pay for it. I keep getting reminders from ebay to pay for it, but Paypal won't let me. This is only affecting ebay and not other sites. How do I rectify this?

I TOTALLY agree.  Same for me.....  and it's very frustrating.  I have had a paypal account for many years too (and my credit card details ARE up to date!    It has happened twice in the past month.  I contacted Paypal, Ebay and my credit card provider separately  and ALL said nothing was wrong!  Had to ask the seller to cancel the transaction even though I wanted the item 😞     Paypal need to sortthis out! 

Login to Me Too

Gee101
New Community Member

Same here.  Payment link off ebay to PayPal won't let me login  ...very frustrating!

Login to Me Too

patsgranny
Contributor
Contributor

whnj i try to pay for my item the ebay payment page will not redirect to paypal payment page. this is 4th time this happened. i am sick of his. keeps saying i am not connected to internet but if i am not..how is it i can connect to ebay! called customer service told me it was server problem being worked on and to keep trying. also could ask seller to figure a different way to pay. seller does not want to do that said they set up payment they would accept through Ebay and that is what they want. I think I may give up on Ebay. I have excellent history with paying for my items and now Ebay is messing that up. I think not. It is off to Craigslist or another local sirte on Facebook. Goodbye Ebay...I think you have doomed yourself to failure.

Login to Me Too

geofleen
New Community Member

Can't pay fix the problem! I don't want a problem with sellers! My paypal account is right

Login to Me Too

Wyatt38
New Community Member

Yep, trying to buy stuff on eBay, did in December but now I click on PayPal link to pay and a red message pops up saying select payment method but the PayPal link is clearly marked, just won't let me buy so I went into my PayPal account and everything is up to date and correct. Getting annoyed. Why has this issue still not been fixed?

Login to Me Too

ssbond2
Contributor
Contributor
I been having same problem as wyatt said!! Go to purchase an item, goes to paypal,the one step confirm/pay bar is not lit in blue, its dull gray and red sentence saying select payment option! To that and it want all your credit card info again,they already have it!! Do you trust this or is it a hack! Took the chance and it sits there circling around forever!! Been like this since the 31st! Anybody out there solve this mystery issue yet???? Some say ebay and paypal split on 31st and its a i-t problem! Im a collector an im losing out on lots of items! Thanks!!
Login to Me Too

donnegal222
New Community Member

I have the same problem.....why ????

it's embarrasing when someone awaits payment from me. 

i am really fed up with this and may give ebay a miss in future.

Login to Me Too

MUSSO
Contributor
Contributor

had the same problem

1 hour on the phone to paypal

and its still the same

cannot pay

why mess something up

when its working fine

Login to Me Too

Decsbear
New Community Member

I've got the same problem.  My ebay account, Paypal account and all cards associated are current.  Yet it won't let me make a payment.  Have you had your issue resolved?  I have reported to the helpdesk, but had no reply. 😞

Login to Me Too

PayPal_paula

Hi Decsbear, 

Can you try logging in directly to your PayPal account and sending your payment that way. You can also ask your seller to send you a payment request direct to your PayPal account. This will allow you log directly in to PayPal and pay for your item. 

Just ensure that if you are sending your payment direct through PayPal that you choose the option for goods to ensure you are covered under our PayPal Buyer Protection Policy. 

I hope this helps and let me know if it works

Paula 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.