Paypal Here Card Reader - Problem

Kirsty07
New Community Member

Hi, 
I have recently purchased the Paypal Here Card Reader, after setting up my account and being approved to use the Paypal Here Card Reader - I have for the past few weeks (literally) tried to pair the device with my Iphone 4S - have no problems, downloaded the Paypal here app - no problems. Until I go to sign in and enter my details - and it continually tells me to "Apply Now", I have already applied and provided all details and it has been confirmed/approved by Paypal.
Yes it still keeps coming up ? Anyone know what I am doing wrong?
I have contacted Paypal a number of times, all say they will get it fixed and I will receive some sort of email etc, yet havent received anything and now have a pointless device and hoping someone may be able to help!!
Thank you 😃

Login to Me Too
8 REPLIES 8

PayPal_Siobhán

Hi Kristy07,

Welcome to the community & apologies for the delayed response.

Can I ask if you are still experiencing issues with the PayPal Here device? If so, we will be sure to escalate this and reach out to you directly. 

Siobhan 

Login to Me Too

jane143
Contributor
Contributor

I can download paypal here app to my tablet and have purchased a card reader, but when I sign in, it tells me they will send me a verification e-mail to tell me what to do next. But the e-mail just sends me on a loop again to apply for paypal here. and another message that they need to verify my details.

I've spent 3 days now trying to work out what is going on. That's 3 days of lost custom.

Not happy.......

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Siobhán

Hi Jane143,

Welcome to the community forum and thanks for reaching out. 

This sounds frustrating, let me escalate this to our PayPal Here team who will review this in full and reach out to you directly. 

Siobhan

Login to Me Too

xUTOx
New Community Member

Hi,

Did this get resolved at all?

I just purchased my paypal here and I am having the same issues.

I have logged in a number of times and it keeps on going to the "APPLY FOR PAYPAL HERE" screen. I have already applied for it and have a bussiness account as well but it doesnt let me go past that screen.

Can someone help?

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Siobhán

Hi xUTOx,

Welcome to the community. 

It sounds like your account is in the approval process, have you had any email communications from the PayPal Here team?

Siobhan

Login to Me Too

KLEnterprises
New Community Member

Having exactly the same problem re continuing to get apply now message when I've already been approved - anyone have a fix for this, as I desperately need this device to work for an event in 8 hours time??

Login to Me Too

DarrellKlar

Can someone please tell my why this has not been resolved yet? And if it has... where is the info?

It took 8 days to verify my account, and now I can't even sign in to HELP - exactly the same issue as what everyone here is reporting.

Buck up PayPal - this is a known error for YEARS! Someone take responsibility... PLEASE!!!!!

Don't pass this on to the development team - don't pass this on to the HERE manufacturer - don't pass this on to anyone. If you work for Paypal in reviewing this Help Forum, it's now your issue.

Login to Me Too

aperfectpour1
New Community Member
my paypal business account was approved (after filling out application 5 or 6 times due to being timed out in the process!!) but when I try to login to Paypal Here I'm still being asked to 'apply now'. I see this problem has been going on for years - why hasnt it been fixed? to top it off card reader says 'software update required' but no reference to it in Paypal Help search. this process has been so frustrating - several people have tried to help me & 2 weeks later I'm still not able to use the service!!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.