Change of address to abroad (outside UK and US)

mariaque
New Community Member

Hello,

I wanted to update my paypal details and change my address. Although I can edit the address, postcode, city, etc, I cannot change the country! Yet I have moved to Italy. This obviously also affects the new bank details I'd like to enter. What should I do?

Thanks

Login to Me Too
73 REPLIES 73

kinfrance
Contributor
Contributor

@andrewtrott wrote:

WHY can we not change the country on an account? We would like a technical response. And if not, a politically enlightening one. 

Moderator, please tell us why this issue still has not been fixed and why you're sending me to Amazon right now to use a different vendor and get something I didn't want. I would like to give you my (and I expect thousands of others') business, but you have made that literally impossible.

So, any answer?

Login to Me Too

kinfrance
Contributor
Contributor

ajmccall
New Community Member

You honestly expect users to create new Paypal account just because they live in another country. New email address, new passwords, new bank details?

This really is a major flaw for an "Internet" banking solution such as PayPal

Login to Me Too

kinfrance
Contributor
Contributor

I wouldn't mind doing all that if I was allowed to, but I'm not! I might as well not have a Paypal account. Maybe that's the anser - delete my UK Paypal account and open a new one where I live now?

As these posts all seem to be several years old, I'm probably wasting my time posting in 2016!

Login to Me Too

Storm2
New Community Member

I have UK card with Czech Republic billing address, no problem for the bank, but big problem for paypal. Now I'm travelling and can't use my UK card, can't change billing address, can't register my New Zealand card, can't register my Czech card. Funny thing is, I'm in Australia now and a few weeks ago I made a successful purchase on ebay with old UK billing address (which is no longer valid), but it won't let me do it again. I've wasted several hours trying to figure this out and still haven't been able to buy what I need. This is a bloody joke.

Login to Me Too

exethalion
Contributor
Contributor

In 2013 this is absolutely pathetic. Shame on you paypal. I have only gone from the UK to Germany and need to register an entirely new account!

Login to Me Too

7fathoms
New Community Member

So I have just moved from the UK to Europe and have a UK bank account with a European address. I now find that PayPal is stuck somewhere in the 1980s and wont accept this and I cannot even change my country of residence!

How utterly ridiculous is this? It is completely laughable and extremely infuriating.

Come on PayPal, join the 21st Century. We live in a global economy with global internet and global banking, that is unless you are PayPal.

Login to Me Too

markmacdonnell
New Community Member
PayPal are living in the dark ages with this issue, sort it f*#%ing out for Christ sake, couldn't be that hard to alter some website code to allow a drop down menu of countries.
Login to Me Too

JensEnzo
New Community Member

Are there any updates on this issue? Having the exact same problem towards the end of 2013 now. 

Login to Me Too

Aparato
Contributor
Contributor

well, there's not been any moderator replies since 11-10-2011 so draw your own conclusion as to how important PP thinks we are. SO just in case anyone at PP is awake, I still live in Spain, I still have a UK bank and credit cards - I use Amazon (amongst others) for purchases .. ARE YOU STILL TRADING ? because I for one gave up on using such a user UN-friendly company as PP some time ago (only checked here because of email notification of a post). WHY won't PP accept that in the modern world people move outside their country of origin but keep their banks?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.