Change of address to abroad (outside UK and US)

mariaque
New Community Member

Hello,

I wanted to update my paypal details and change my address. Although I can edit the address, postcode, city, etc, I cannot change the country! Yet I have moved to Italy. This obviously also affects the new bank details I'd like to enter. What should I do?

Thanks

Login to Me Too
73 REPLIES 73

Aparato
Contributor
Contributor

The situation worsens ... I do now have a Spanish card (to go with my Spanish address), so I try to pay without a PP account ..  so WHY can I not do that from a spanish address? I can from a US address but the moment I change the country selector everthing changes to a "create account" screen (which I sure as **bleep** don't want) .. WHY, WHY, WHY!

BTW your UK TV ads look good, wonder what happens if I report you to the advertising regulator, because my experience isn't what the adverts portray?

Login to Me Too

Shamlock
New Community Member

I moved to Bangkok three years ago, NatWest are happy to use my Bangkok address as my primary address so why not Paypal. Need to link my new credit card but cannot use an address outside UK - absolutely crazy - suppose I will just have to set up a new account

Login to Me Too

Gabs

I have the same problem.  I have a card registered by UK bank, but they have no problem for my billing address to be in Spain where I have lived for the last few years. 

Paypal has a problem... so now I can no longer use my paypal account!!!   By the way, also got credit still on my paypal.  Situation frustrating and ridiculous.   Any move by paypal to change this???

Login to Me Too

christhomasomar
Contributor
Contributor

This is terrible. I have a U.S credit card with a U.K shipping address and biling address....and whenver i try to pay with my credit card, PAYPAL declines it, hence i can NEVER get anything shipped to UK...please help

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Arda

Hi christhomasomar,

This sounds like our internal security system is declining your payment attempts.

The AVS verifies the address and billing information provided by a customer and cross checks the info for security reasons.

I am afraid I can only be specific only when I review your PayPal account. I would recommend to contact us through your PayPal account, go to “contact us “tab and follow the instructions.

I am also available 24/7 to answer private messages sent through our Facebook page (www.facebook.com/PayPalUK) and respond swiftly to any tweets directed towards @AskPayPal!

Thanks for posting and welcome to our community!

Arda

Login to Me Too

dinhhang89
New Community Member

hello,

My account is registered in VietBam. but i want to send money to US seller/ and shipping address is in USA.

It is okay./ Please advise so i can pay in full for them

Thanks

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Monika
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi dinhhang89,

Welcome to PayPal Community Forum!

If you have a PayPal account registered in Vietnam and want to receive an item in a US address, unfortunately it’s not an option. What you can do instead is to receive the item in a Vietnamese address and send it to the US address using a local shipping method instead.

For more information about shipping addresses, I would advise you to contact our Customer Support team.

Monika

Login to Me Too

KTR

"It is not an option" is not an acceptable reply. If you cared about your customers then you would make it an option!!

Login to Me Too

KTR

No you do NOT validate the  details provided by the user.  If the user is trying to use a foreign currency card the only option you allow for Country is the country in which the card is based ... which is not necessarily the address to which the user has registered it.  As a payments company that touts is services as customer friendly you should be ashamed of yourselves.

Login to Me Too

KTR

Two years on from the start of this thread in 2012 and the problem is still not fixed.  I live in the Netherlands.  PayPal will not let me add a UK credit card to my account as it is associated with a Dutch address.   But worse, and entirely unforgiveable, when a merchant directs me to pay by PayPal it will not let me use a UK credit card or bank account either ... as will not accept anything other than "United KIngdom" in the Country field of the address.  Naturally, as my bank has my country down correctly as "The Netherlands"  the check against the address fails and the payment is declined.

I am a computer programmer.  I could probably fix this problem in a couple of hours at most.  So why does Payal not do it? I think the answer is obvious.  They can increase their profits by forcing you to make a currency exchange, and then giving you a rubbish exchange rate.  If that is not the reason then get your fingers out, fix this issue, and let us register and use credit cards from anywhere in the world - otherwise lots of PayPal clients are going to break your stupid rules and create multiple accounts - one in each country where they do business.

So when I encounter this problem now I cancel the transaction and I write to the merchant explaining why I did not buy their goods.  It is then up to the merchan to put pressure on PayPal if he/she wants my custom, and the custom of people that think like me, or to switch to a more customer-friendly method of payment.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.