21 day 'holding period'

Mongoose
Contributor
Contributor

My reward for 10 positive feedbacks in the last Month,most mentioning instant payments,is a 21 day holding delay slapped on.

I have been an Ebay member for 4 years,instantly despatch my sold items,and have 100% Positive feedback

Once in that time I was unlucky enough to get a non-collector/buyer,a case was auto opened and closed without the person replying

I think Paypal needs to re-assess this decision

Login to Me Too
19 REPLIES 19

Well said, Sir.  Well said.

Login to Me Too

thegubman2012
Contributor
Contributor

Sadly this is not always the case. You can receive a positive feedback and the payment is still not released. Even after two emails to paypal the payment was not released. It took a phone call at my cost. No apology nothing. Dreadful customer services. I believe this is a deliberate ploy to hold onto people's money as long as possible. Perhaps interest should be paid to the seller!

Login to Me Too

calculus50
Contributor
Contributor

Placing Payment Hold on a new seller is probably fair enough. But placing it on a seller who has been a member since 2004 and has a 100% positive feedback record is not fair. I sell very few items and so I have not (nor ever will) reach the dizzy heights of selling 20 items in a 12-month period; that is what is required to be able to have Payment Hold removed. Even so I have always paid my fees on time, sent items on time, and kept in touch with the buyer as required. I have had no0 negative feedback at all. Why slap Payment Hold on me? Why treat me the same as an unscrupulous, dodgy seller?

Login to Me Too

drleeky
Contributor
Contributor

this policy is total BS !! I guess small timers like us can't be trusted  I have 100 transactions & 100% positive feedback guess I'm just a flake  **bleep** PAYPAL

Login to Me Too

drleeky
Contributor
Contributor

I SEE " **bleep**" IS A DIRTY WORD

Login to Me Too

calculus50
Contributor
Contributor

I sell very few items. I have been a member since 2004. I have a 100% positive feedback on all my sales. Yet PayPal has put a Payment Hold on my account. This means that when I sell an item I will not receive the money for up to 21 days. If the buyer leaves positive feedback I get the money within 24 hours; if I can prove that the goods were sent I get the money within 3 days; otherwise I wait 3 weeks. PayPal has introduced this to anyone with a DSR (Detailed Seller Rating) of less than 20 items over the last 12-months. I have no DSRs (I don't think people can be bothered with them as the process is lengthy). Even so I will never sell 20 items per year. So I am stuck with Payment Hold. This means that I will have to find other funds to pay my eBay and PayPal fees since the money from the sale will not be available. I feel that this is unfair. I have been a member a long time and have always paid fees promptly and despatched goods promptly. I have done nothing wrong, yet I am treated the same as the more unscrupulous sellers who have dodgy histories. I have sent several emails to PayPal to complain about this unfair treatment but they will not budge. Does anyone else feel the same as I do?

Login to Me Too

royalmarine666
New Community Member

I will be leaving PayPal and Ebay because of this problem. I have been selling on Ebay since 2004 and have 2 Ebay Accounts. One business for professional goods and One general personal account for my own carboot style goods. Both 100% feedback and my business account has over 90,000 sales.. Since I opened my Car-boot style account (fairly new) with only 30 sales they have slapped this hold on my funds on both accounts..

I think it's absolutely appalling. Also the new account has 100% feedback and all recorded delivery items but they are still holding my money from 35 days ago, although all items have been tracked, proved sent, but not every buyer leaves feedback and this is the problem.. I think feedback shoud be compulsary. If you don't leave feedback, you get suspended for 12 months..

GOODBUY PAYPAL .. GOODBUY EBAY.. I'M GOING BACK TO CAR BOOT SALES AND I WILL GET MY OWN WEBSITE SET UP..

Login to Me Too

hondatuner
New Community Member

not just this buy if you sell something to a company and they got their item 10 days ago and you were counting on this money to pay bills, of course paypal did not hold 21 DAYS TO HOLD THEIR FEES LOL from the transcation, its my money, such a scam, **bleep** paypal, they state its an industry standard, NO ITS YOUR STANDARD AND ITS HORRIBLE,  no more paypal and I will be sure to state my experience with everyone I know. 

Login to Me Too

rhubarb
New Community Member

I am like you and am thoroughly disgusted that Paypal would even CONSIDER putting a 21 day hold on anything.  If I sell an item and have no refund available the what could they possibly be holding my money for.  They tell me that they are including eveyone in this but that's not true.  I have asked why I am and they cannot tell me. 

I just find it unbelievable that a corporation this hugs needs to collect INTEREST on our money for 21 days IN ADDITION  to the fees they already charge.

I refuse to use them as a seller any longer.  If I buy something and the seller wants to pay them 21 days interest I guess I will let them.

PAYPAL  you disgusting.  What your doing is like buying something from a retail store but they say you can't have it for 3 weeks just in case you check bounces or your card decides it doesn't want your purchase.

PAYPAL get real - we need every dime we can get.  I am NOT into increasing your bank account.

Login to Me Too

Nobodyhere
Contributor
Contributor

The 21 day holding limit is ridiculous. Such a penalty is not there to protect the buyer or the seller, but for paypal to greedily make even more money off us by collecting interest on the money we have earned. Paypal must forget that quite a few people on Ebay don't sell for simply the fun of it all, but because they need every penny.

Holding our money for 21 days is wrong, but to sell on Ebay we basically have no choice but to use paypal. All rather annoying. When paypal says that they might let you have your own money after 21 days, they offer no definite answers all smoke and mirrors that involve phone calls leading to more expense. 

Just ridiculous.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.