Why is the rewards program so lame?

Mongo
Contributor
Contributor

I can't believe how alme the rewards seem from month to month. This month I can be entered into a sweepstakes...

ooooh-ahhhh. The sweeps is only good if I shop at specific stores. 

The most impressive thing I have gotten from the rewards is a hat. I like to think of it as a $10k hat.

It makes it nicer.  At least the program and hat are free.

Did I mention the hat? It's very nice.  

I do like the expedited dispute system, I got my last dispute resolved in a very short time. Kudos.

Also I do like the hat, and if that seems sarcastic it wasn't supposed to be, but the hat is the only reward  that was worth reading the Paypal advantage rewards page. Come on - learn how to grease the wheel properly. 

I may have missed some other good stuff. If i did please tell me about it. 

Did I mention I don't wear hats? (unless it's sub-zero outside).

Sincerely Mongo

Login to Me Too
45 REPLIES 45

woonkey

I have now been a member since the program was introduced and I have not recieved a thing...Nothing, da nada. maybe a points program or even a reduced fees option would be nice for tose of us who sell and buy. How about both? A points system for purchasing and a reduced fees program for selling? 

Login to Me Too

_LouisH
Contributor
Contributor

Hi PetitePrincess,

The March Rewards wasn't a contest this time around (we try to bring different things) and for this particular one, we were only promoting the existing StubHub discount that all Advantage members get.

The Febuary Rewards fullfillment was just completed so if you signed up and made the necessary transactions you should have been notified. Unfortunately due to privacy reasons we cannot disclose who the winners. Also in some cases depending on the reward, there may not be 'winners' per se.

We do appreciate the suggestion so please keep them coming. We're trying our best to constantly improve the program so all your suggestions help. Thanks,

Louis

Login to Me Too

sm1715
Contributor
Contributor
What is this about the "February fulfillment"??? I wasn't aware of anything special for February. And isn't it a law that when there's a contest, there has to be a list of winners, even if it's just their first initial and last name? Otherwise, how is anyone supposed to know that there even really were winners???
Login to Me Too

PetitePrincess
Contributor
Contributor

Just to let you know, there were winners in the February Rewards Contest because I was one of them! However, I can relate to your frustration in trying to find out where to locate the monthly contests and missing out on them because they are not easily accessible to enter.

Login to Me Too

dangive
Contributor
Contributor

I compleetly agree. Ususally when you see an add that states no purchase nessasary, listen closely because they say that for legality reasons. however, in point of fact you really do need to buy something to be entered. not only that, but half the time they dont tell you how to enter if you dont want to buy anything. 

Login to Me Too

PetitePrincess
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you, Louis, for reading and responding to my message! Hopefully, when Paypal comes up with a new April Rewards Contest, it will be placed in plain sight (perhaps on the first page after signing into the Paypal Advantage Community) so we will be able to easily locate and enter it.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.