Why is the rewards program so lame?

Mongo
Contributor
Contributor

I can't believe how alme the rewards seem from month to month. This month I can be entered into a sweepstakes...

ooooh-ahhhh. The sweeps is only good if I shop at specific stores. 

The most impressive thing I have gotten from the rewards is a hat. I like to think of it as a $10k hat.

It makes it nicer.  At least the program and hat are free.

Did I mention the hat? It's very nice.  

I do like the expedited dispute system, I got my last dispute resolved in a very short time. Kudos.

Also I do like the hat, and if that seems sarcastic it wasn't supposed to be, but the hat is the only reward  that was worth reading the Paypal advantage rewards page. Come on - learn how to grease the wheel properly. 

I may have missed some other good stuff. If i did please tell me about it. 

Did I mention I don't wear hats? (unless it's sub-zero outside).

Sincerely Mongo

Login to Me Too
45 REPLIES 45

minnichsmetals
Contributor
Contributor

You can simply call Paypal, and officially request to have the rolling reserve removed from your account...  They'll review your account, and make a determination.  Good luck, please remember to give me kudos by clicking the thumbs uP!

Login to Me Too

Carol741
Contributor
Contributor
.Yes you did miss out on a VERY GOOD reward recently. Back in August Paypal Advantage had a contest where you posted your best tips on either Buying OR Selling and if your post was chosen you could win a brand new ipad2. Just want to let you know that I am writing this "reply" on my new ipad2 and I am lovin' Paypal Advantage AND my new ipad2 that I just received for winning with my post. I'm sure glad it wasn't for a hat because I don't wear hats either, especially here in Arizona!
Login to Me Too

LookAtMe
Contributor
Contributor

I do like the expedited dispute system, I got my last dispute resolved in a very short time. Kudos.

Expedited dispute system??? Where's that???

I'm having a heck of a time with a number of non paying bidders, one buyer who said they never recieved an item when the delivery conformation showed delivered a full 2 weeks BEFORE the kindly buyer put in their claim. Oh and said kindly buyer had even left positive feedback BEFORE filing the claim. Nice huh?

And lets not forget about the seller who refuses to contact be with tracking info on an item I bought 3+ weeks ago.

Geez I do all I can to be on top of things to have a good rep and I get ZERO assistance from ebay and PP when it comes to these deadbeat bidders and seller.

So tell me again.... what is the "advantage" program?

Login to Me Too

ersan

The requirements to be in PayPal Advantage are far too low to offer any serious benefits, in my opinion.

$5000/year is extremely easy to achieve.

Login to Me Too

eventcat
Contributor
Contributor

Hat? What hat? I didn't get a hat. Is it a nice hat or just a baseball cap? How do I get a hat?

Login to Me Too

eventcat
Contributor
Contributor

Also, I don't know anything about the Mastercard points system. Where do I find this information - on my Paypal profile, or...? I have a feeling my points have expired several times already, and if they were substantial, I'm gonna be pretty upset. If only we had better help on how to use this Advantage program. Quite a bit was left out in the "You have qualified" email.

Login to Me Too

sm1715
Contributor
Contributor

@eventcat

You're not the only one that didn't know about the promos! I have been an Advantage member for months, but never really knew what it meant until tonight when I read through the membership overview & benefits. The only reason I even knew that I had some type of "better" PayPal account was because of receiving an American customer support agent when I had a problem several months ago. I was so surprised that I actually asked her what I did to "deserve" her, and she told me I had been upgraded, but didn't elaborate.

I didn't know there were any rewards other than having an American agent! PayPal gives out stuff too? I haven't received anything! I have been using my phone for eBay purchases for close to 2 years, so I would have made some purchases with PayPal on my iPhone in March, but I didn't receive an iPod shuffle. I didn't even receive a hat! What do you have to do to get one of the hats?

Login to Me Too

dangive
Contributor
Contributor

So You've done it. You've splurged during one of your not so "happy" years and you end up with an email in your inbox that says "Welcome Advantage Member". Its at first intriguing because your wondering how in the? But you keep reading...... And reading; until "Benefits" OH BOY! 

After you look threw everything you start to wonder, did I really just spend all that money and get some membership that does not seem intriguing. I mean sure the benefits are plain and simple starring at us in the face. "Your Advantage Hotline" like how often would you even have to think about calling the number at the top of your screen? 

I for one would most likely never need to have Priority service unless its some life or death financial situation which in that case I would need that hotline. Not only just that number but paypal wont offer its Priority members with weekly or even bi-weekly great deals. No. It has to be strictly monthly! 

I wonder why it must be a month to month thing. That's what grinds my gears about this whole situation. Most of the offers are even waaaayyy over my head to even consider. Take for example a "meeting at long beach for lunch and fine wine" really? That's the best you can do. 

How about making an offer like "come out to Tacoma for your chance to drive a lamborgini garlardo and race one of nascars drivers." or just simply have him drive you around the track with lunch being provided at the track. I don't know about you but that's much much better than some boring meeting in a random town. 

For all you advantage members id like to know how you have benefited or not benefited from having this "Advantage" status. How do you feel and what would you like instead of a boring meeting?

Login to Me Too

DCEI

It's a perfect example of shameless self-promotion... The only way anyone can "earn" or  "qualify" for a so-called "rewards" is if you provide content for them on these worthless forums or for their advertising campaigns.

And one more thing. I couldn't care less about this "special phone number" offered only to Advantage members. We stopped trying to call PayPal after spending hours on hold - only to get somebody that had an IQ equivalent to an infant baboon. And lets not forget the days when PayPal refused to even publish a phone number to contact them! And you can thank the Feds for changing that policy.

If you really wanted to be rewarded for your comments/tips/tricks about paypal, you'd be better off publishing your own web site with that type of content, and with Google adwords you'd probably make more than enough to offset the loss of the "rewards" from paypal that you earn by posting puffery about them in this forum.

Login to Me Too

DCEI

Luck you... I didn't get a hat or an invite to thier party either.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.