Why is the rewards program so lame?

Mongo
Contributor
Contributor

I can't believe how alme the rewards seem from month to month. This month I can be entered into a sweepstakes...

ooooh-ahhhh. The sweeps is only good if I shop at specific stores. 

The most impressive thing I have gotten from the rewards is a hat. I like to think of it as a $10k hat.

It makes it nicer.  At least the program and hat are free.

Did I mention the hat? It's very nice.  

I do like the expedited dispute system, I got my last dispute resolved in a very short time. Kudos.

Also I do like the hat, and if that seems sarcastic it wasn't supposed to be, but the hat is the only reward  that was worth reading the Paypal advantage rewards page. Come on - learn how to grease the wheel properly. 

I may have missed some other good stuff. If i did please tell me about it. 

Did I mention I don't wear hats? (unless it's sub-zero outside).

Sincerely Mongo

Login to Me Too
45 REPLIES 45

iccctv
Contributor
Contributor

As the informed you that you became a member of their elite club, sending a pen who have been a nice gesture. If you ask the benefits of being a member are really poor considering the amount of fees deducted to become a member. They should every once in a while just reward each member with a little something just to show their appreciation.

Eddie

Login to Me Too

PetitePrincess
Contributor
Contributor

Hey, I didn't get a metal ink pen from Paypal? When do these arrive? I would like one!

Login to Me Too

2faroffroad
Contributor
Contributor

WOW... Who doesnt love a chance to enter into a contest with 300000 other people... I am so glad I am an advantage member... 

But for real.. Like Eddie said... A cool metal ink pen with the PayPal Advantage logo would be enough to win me over.. not some contest that I have no chance of winning... 

But like everyone else... Dont worry, I'll keep paying you my fees. both Paypal and Ebay..

Login to Me Too

PetitePrincess
Contributor
Contributor

I don't know much about the Rewards Program as I am a new Paypal Advantage Member. But, I DO know that I tried entering into the January contest this morning  and was disappointed to find that my entry was not accepted because I incorrectly answered one question on the January Quiz. Then, when I went back to do the Quiz a second time, I was notified my entry could not be accepted because I had already entered.

Now, as I understand it, I will have to wait until next month before I am able to enter into another Rewards Contest. Was I expected to visit all of those websites, just to make an entry in this monthly program, of which I truly "paid my dues" to become a member? I would think that merely making an entry in this contest should be sufficiently considered an opportunity to win. This negative response definitely does NOT encourage me to participate in future contests.

Concerning Customer Support, I recently contacted Paypal to resolve an issue on eBay and I have to say, as far as I know, support from Paypal on my issue was outstanding! I even had a Paypal representative contact eBay on my behalf! Thank You!

Login to Me Too

oz4u2c
Contributor
Contributor

To take a quiz to enter a contest has to be the worst REWARD I have ever seen in my life.

Login to Me Too

alantl

Seriously, Dear Paypal,

Please make a serious attempt at giving us true advantages and rewards. We are 'Advantage' Members because we have been using your services so much so how bout giving something back? Maybe some points system would be nice, or some way we get stuff without having to enter a sweepstake that we know we wont win or spending more money (which we already spend anyway but it'd just be nice to get something without spending for a chance).

PPAMember.

Login to Me Too

LookAtMe
Contributor
Contributor

Here we are in March and I just now remember to click on the "rewards" website link in Paypal. Ooooh oooh what could it be?

Oh yay... 3% off Ticket Stub. Big Freaking Deal... I thought we always got 3% off so what's so special to highlight it for March???

Oh and NEVER heard who won the contests in January nor February... it's as if it never really happened.

Login to Me Too

slick2
Contributor
Contributor

I agree, the benefits are pretty lame, but at least it's something?   If they really wanted us to feel special they would actually offer a deal that makes us want to be a part of something where we otherwise wouldn't have.

Login to Me Too

slick2
Contributor
Contributor

Benefits = Lame most of the time

Login to Me Too

PetitePrincess
Contributor
Contributor

As the expressions goes, "The squeaky wheel gets the grease" so possibly SOMEONE will read my suggestions if I reply to topics in several different places. I was unable to locate the March Rewards Program link, so entering in the March Contest will most probably not be possible, especially if the first 250 contributors to this contest are winners (as in February's Contest) because it is near the end of March!

Furthermore, I DID find and enter in the February Rewards Contest quite early, but there has been NO mention of the winners yet and it is almost one month later!  This is all quite discouraging to a New Paypal Advantage Member!

Paypal should have something in Large Bold Letters on the first page as we sign into our "exclusive" Paypal Community Account stating something like, "March Rewards Promotion" and "February Rewards Winners" so we know how to find these Rewards Contests. If this is one of our main benefits of being an Advantage Member, this link should be on your first page so we can at least LOCATE them! Please don't dangle that carrot out in front of us and not give us the satisfaction of knowing if we have won or lost. Hopefully, someone will read and respond to this entry.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.