Withdrawn funds to bank account disappeared!

peggystwins
New Community Member

I transferred some money from my Paypal account on monday 11th to my bank, on wednesday paypal stated that transaction was complete but it hasn't shown in my bank account  and its now Thursday, any ideas?

Thanks

Login to Me Too
41 REPLIES 41

fideidefensor
Contributor
Contributor

Hi venison,

From reading the experiences of other members here, it is because they haven't really transferred the money to you after you requested the withdrawal. The 2-3 days quote only happens in some cases. It worked for me the first time, the second time around it has taken nearly a week. I saw one of the PayPal staff actually said that if you transfer in the afternoon or evening the withdrawal would be processed the day after. In my case, I made a withdrawal Wednesday (December 1) morning. When I was on the phone with customer service (the first time on Monday), the lady actually told me that the requests always go through the day after you make the withdrawal (PayPal employees seem to contradict each other all the time - see melaniekarl's thread). When I was on the phone today (second time), the lady told me my withdrawal had only been initiated on Saturday almost 4 full days later. I can only guess this is because they felt they didn't earn enough interest on my funds even after they had put me through an arbitrary limitation review. I wish you the best of luck and I recommend you give them a call. Make sure they tell you exactly when they made the transfer as it is likely they've been stalling (they did so with me apparently). 

Login to Me Too

venison
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you, I had a feeling it was because it was a lot more money this time, obviously earning them a lot more interest!

Not fair though, because I am selling this item for someone else and I have to pay them the money. NO INTEREST FOR ME!!!

Login to Me Too

sketchasmile
Contributor
Contributor

good day paypal,, i am from the Philippines and i dont know a way to contact paypal, so i dont have any option but to use this thread, i transfer my paypal money last Thursday dec.9 , i receive an email stating that i will receive my money for about 2-4 business days and they even said a date that it will probably appear on tuesday dec. 14 but its already late, today is thursday dec. 16 it's already a week after i did my transfer, i am worried about the transfer because i need the money n monday for bills payment and for Christmas purposes...please help

Login to Me Too

PayPal_paula

Hi Sketchasmile,

I would suggest that you log in to your PayPal account to check the status of your withdrawal. If the status shows as completed it means that we have processed your request and we are awaiting for your bank to add your funds to your bank account. If the funds do not appear soon I would advise you to contact your bank for further clarification of your funds.

If the status of your withdrawal is still showing as pending then it may mean that there is a delay with your withdrawal processing. However I would imagine the payment has been processed by now as we generally process it within 24 hours and then send it to your bank.

Also if you wish to contact us, if you click on thecontact us link at the bottom of every page you will be given the option to contact us by email or by phone.

I hope this helps

Paula

Login to Me Too

sketchasmile
Contributor
Contributor

my money was already send back to my paypal account, i dont know what happen but i had all my details correct so i dont know why my money transfer was declined... i double check every details... for now i am waiting for my money to be transfer to my grandma's bank account, i believe that it is possible because we have same surname, i am now just waiting for the transfer, i wish i can have it before christmas, because it was budgeted for christmas purposes, i send it last friday right after paypal send it back to me. i wish everything will be fine now... hank you for you're reply i am really worried about the paypal's transfer right now since it's my first time to do it...

Login to Me Too

PayPal_david

Hi Ir_system,

Have you tried to contact us directly in order for us to investigate it further for you?

I would not be able to confirm if we are able to reimburse any bank charges that you may incur as a result of your withdrawal being delayed. The best thing to do is contact us by clicking the 'Contact Us' link at the bottom of any PayPal webpage and we can investigate it further on your behalf.

David.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_david

Hi there sketchasmile,

I can understand the concern but when you initiate a withdrawal from your PayPal account, your bank may also refuse our request to withdraw funds to that account. If let's say the name on your bank account and your PayPal account are not exactly the same, your bank may reject the withdrawal request.

Hopefully the funds will complete processing to the alternative bank account and you will have your money before christmas. Let us know how it goes.

David.

Login to Me Too

sketchasmile
Contributor
Contributor

the timeline that paypal gave me was already done, its now 6 days ago since i send the money... so does it mean it is rejected again =(? i am so worried about it

Login to Me Too

This has happened to me too. I'm sure the date is only estimated, but what I'm so annoyed about is the fact that it says the transfer has completed. I'm sure a phone call would sort this out, but I promised to pay my buyer today and now I can't until at least tomorrow, not to mention go food shopping. I am not a happy bunny

Login to Me Too

PayPal_lucy

Hey there guys,

Juneearchie113, it’s possible that you have reached your withdrawal limit. You would need to confirm your bank account to lift this.

The deposits can take up to 5 working days to show on your bank account statement. They should be there by now. Have you an update on this?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.