Withdrawing money to my bank account pending review

djslapper
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

I have just tried to withdraw money to my bank account which I have done hundreds of times before without any problems but this time it says its pending under review by paypal.

I telephoned and someone told me there's nothing wrong with my account and maybe transferred within the next 2 hours.

I have checked my account and nothing has gone and and is still showing as pending!!!

Anyone help!????

Login to Me Too
80 REPLIES 80

notahappybunny
New Community Member

i tried to transfer some funds, namely only 20 quid to my account and its still saying pending , i actually tought that it goes instantly ore or less into your account as i have done this before and it stated that it can take up to 2 hrs but went instantly but now i have the good old pending sign, its been 24 hrs now, and altho i did ask for the transfer on a sunday i didnt think that would matter but obv it is

paypal are a rip off man, not happy that they charge you a fee yet they now try hold on to the money longer than required ,

THIS STINKS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Login to Me Too

chillimad
Contributor
Contributor

Is it JUST me or are Paypal slipping back to hanging on to our money 'pending review' for (in my case) 24 hrs (or longer it appears). Are they trying to backtrack or renege on the Faster Payments System that they had to be dragged screaming into by the UK Financial Regulators?

I withdraw Paypal funds to my bank virtually every day, sometimes more than once - in fact, my personal approach is to NEVER leave funds in Paypal for a second longer than I need to. I mean, WHAT is the point? I've already been charged to RECEIVE the money and certainly get no interest on any Paypal balance, the only beneficiary of a fat balance are Paypal themselves!

I, like the vast majority of users, have been enjoying the new faster withdrawals system since it's eventual introduction. Great - I can manage my finances, putting cash into my accounts as and when thanks to virtually instant withdrawals.

Suddenly, over the last 10 or so days, I have been hit with so-called 'random' 24 hour holds on withdrawals. I've made a number of calls to Paypal about this and they can give NO EXPLANATION other than it is a random security check - I have no restrictions on my account, they are seemingly 'baffled'!

Now I could accept the very occasional check - 1 in several hundred withdrawals maybe? - but 9 out of 10 IS NOT RANDOM!!

Anyone else having similar problems??

Do let me know ( as I write I am awaiting a call back from Paypal ( hopefully from someone with more than half a brain!) as I have DEMANDED an explanation as on my last conversation with them ( a very helpful Irish lady who took TIME and TROUBLE to investigate but still could not explain why) their agent insisted that I should ring them if it happened again (as it just has TWICE in the last 24 hours). . I rang a short while ago but sadly could only get hold of a script reading chimp - they are going to ring me back !

Login to Me Too

notgood123
Contributor
Contributor

regarding post above.

im a new-ish user of paypal, verified my bank and everything else.

my 1st withdrawl of 50.00, took around 4 days to go through , i assumed as this was the 1st withdrawl the 'review' was normal.

i then made another 2 withdrawls yesterday, one of 13.00 and one of 14.00, both were done instantly - which again i thought was normal, as afterall paypal had done there 'review' yesterday.

after reading through multiple threads on these forums im shocked that paypal get away with this.

Login to Me Too

notgood123
Contributor
Contributor

lol thats bull**bleep**.

tried to transfer 17pence - done it in less than 2hours. feel like im being robbed.

Login to Me Too

Temp20220803s

The paypal volunteers here seriously, go get a life, go help out at oxfam atleast you will be doing something worthwhile....  "it takes 2hrs-4days depending on your bank", what a complete utter load of bulls**t.

How can it be a security review if it depends on your bank .... OBVIOUSLY it depends on paypals " automated internal security system" absolutely nothing to do with the bank, so yes you may be "helping" but why tell them something that is totally incorrect.

IT WILL ONLY DEPEND ON THE BANK ONCE IT HAS BEEN COMPLETED ON PAYPAL SO STOP MISLEADING PEOPLE.

ABUSE OF PAYPALS MARKET SHARE TO FORCE/ENCOURAGE CUSTOMERS TO APPLY FOR MORE PAYPAL SERVICES ALERT!

PAYPAL DELAY WITHDRAWALS (AGAIN IT WILL ONLY DEPEND ON THE BANK IF IT HAS COMPLETED IN PAYPAL 99.9% OF POSTS HERE ARE ABOUT PENDING WITHDRAWALS)

PAYPAL ANNOUNCE THEY ARE MAKING THEIR MASTERCARD AVAILABLE TO EVERYONE IN UK

QUOTE FROM TAMEBAY ..

"Should you be interested? Yes – apply for a card as soon as you can. That way if you’re out shopping and you get an email on your smartphone letting you know a customer has paid you can spend the money instantly. No more waiting to log into PayPal to do an instant transfer to your bank account before you can access your funds."
SHOULD BE ...
"Should you be interested? Yes - PayPal delays your withdrawals to your bank unnecessaily so  with this card there will be no more waiting around for paypal to do their totally random security reviews which can take 10years for all PayPal cares"

NEED I SAY MORE?

ANYWAY THIS WILL PROBABLY BE DELETED SO I WILL CONTINUE TO REPOST

Login to Me Too

DejaVu1
Contributor
Contributor

I've been waiting about 3 days for my £90 to be transferred to my bank account!! Absolutely disgraceful. Paypal have been messing me about for the last week with various technical difficulties, i'm very dissapointed. And the worst thing is that there is nothing i can do! £90 just sitting there... "Pending". I NEED this money before next week but i'm by no means hopeful.

Login to Me Too

tillymilly

I am experiencing the same problem and i withdraw money almost every single day, the pending is not nescessary when it is already established who you are and what funds you have, i need my money urgently and this is really off putting.

Login to Me Too

SandyI1990
Contributor
Contributor

Waited 36 hours now and the money is still "pending", really annoyed as I needed the money that day, is there anything I can do to speed up the process??

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Nothing manually that paypal can do to release it sooner as the security reviews are computer generated (according to what they say), but if its been held that long then odds are its the 72 hour hold.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

bishtop
Contributor
Contributor

if they are  computer managed checks then there is no reason why it would take 72 hours to be checked, In my opinion its all a scheme to get more money for themselves seing as they earn there money from gathering the interest earned while they hold it for you.  Now you may think that holding a little money wont get them much but when you add everyone it happens to at the same time its a substantial amount

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.