Withdrawing money to my bank account pending review

djslapper
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

I have just tried to withdraw money to my bank account which I have done hundreds of times before without any problems but this time it says its pending under review by paypal.

I telephoned and someone told me there's nothing wrong with my account and maybe transferred within the next 2 hours.

I have checked my account and nothing has gone and and is still showing as pending!!!

Anyone help!????

Login to Me Too
80 REPLIES 80

rc-one
Contributor
Contributor

Hey, I've just come on for the exact same reason as yours.

To explain better with this new system it doesnt take 2-3 days to transfer like before and could take as little as 2 hours or so they say and some people seem to be experiencing. There is now no option for the £5 chaps transfer as you would assume it's not needed.

2 days ago I did my first transfer under this system and it was placed as pending review straight away, it said would take less than 21 hours to review and the email states 24 hours. It actually took 26 hours and then the actualy transfer begins.  I have just withdrawn a second time and same thing, under review blahblah we'll hold onto it as we see fit.

Dont bother checking your bank account till you get the second email saying they are actually transfering it.

So the question would be to paypal, why on account (mines business) with no claims/chargebacks/history  do you know that you are going to put it on hold straight away. Now unlike before there is no speedy transfer there is NO way to get your money quicker if this is the case. They will say its automated and out of their hands. This has been going on for a very long time with alot of people in past threads under the old system which could hold onto your money for 72hours. Do they care.... not alot ;))) What will be done about it.....

Login to Me Too

djslapper
Contributor
Contributor

Mant thanks,

I only transferred it today so I know it would be in my account on Monday - Its never taken more than 2 days before.

But if they are able to do it with 2 hours for free that would be an excellent feature but why the message saying - pending review!?

Maybe they should just now say it will be transferred within 48 hours instead!?

If they don't make it clear, I will just use my paypal debit card instead!!

Guess I should just wait for an email then Smiley Frustrated

Login to Me Too

ripernikerzof
Contributor
Contributor

I have the same problem  I have been trying for three days to withdraw urgently needed funds   either i get message wait 24hr and then transaction is reversed and aborted    contacting pay pal just says there is a problem with system and I will have to wait this is first and last time I have tried to use paypal for money transfer.

Login to Me Too

drowen_art
Contributor
Contributor

I have had the very same problem for the last ten days now.

Keep trying to withdraw the remaining balance of my paypal account and each time I get a

processing problem email 24 hours after I request the money.

I have now tried 5 times and its getting to the point that if it continues I will seek other methods of

getting payments for my goods and paypal will be removed from my accepted payment methods.

I have emailed them twice for a explanation only to get nothing back in return.

I try to contact them directly on their "premium rate" phone number but cannot get through to them.

Basically if this continues I shall be forced to resort to certain legal methods to obtain the money.

Login to Me Too

djslapper
Contributor
Contributor

Hi.

I finally spoke to paypal yesterday about this and it turns out that they have been having trouble with UK banks, returning money so as a precaution they are now checking bank details as you withdraw money.

The problem with the banks has now been sorted so money will go through as normal.

Mine took 24 hours to go into my bank so was pretty chuffed.

And for UK people, you dont need to use the 0870 number as it costs a fortune if your on a mobile, ring Ebay on 020 8605 3000 and choose the paypal option - free call!!!

Login to Me Too

drowen_art
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you for the information above.

Will certainly be adding that phone number to my phone list.

Sad thing is that the info had to be posted by a ebay seller and not the staff from paypal.

Talk about keeping their customers informed....nuf said

Login to Me Too

Omzig
Have the same issue as OP never had a problem with transfers in the past but transfering a new payment gives me a 24 hour hold,first thing you think is OMG is there an issue with my account security! I do wish Paypal would supply a little more info when stuff like this occurs there "pending review by PayPal." Is a little slack IMO a small note about issues they have had with UK banks and transfer problems would be much better.
Login to Me Too

CHRISW148
Contributor
Contributor

I guess the longer they keep money the more they make off the interest too! holding millions of pounds for days longer must pay handsomely, they don't seem to have a security problem collecting or receiving money, isn't that a surprise!!

Login to Me Too

sarahp77
New Community Member

i have had the same problems with withdrawals pending review. i noticed you said paypal advised you this is now resolved on 1st September but i have just made a withdrawal request and again it is pending review so i think it is still an issue.

It might be nice if when paypal send the email advising you they have done this they would explain why or what the issue is as i thought there was an issue with security on my account.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.