Withdrawing money to my bank account pending review

djslapper
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

I have just tried to withdraw money to my bank account which I have done hundreds of times before without any problems but this time it says its pending under review by paypal.

I telephoned and someone told me there's nothing wrong with my account and maybe transferred within the next 2 hours.

I have checked my account and nothing has gone and and is still showing as pending!!!

Anyone help!????

Login to Me Too
80 REPLIES 80

mikeallen01
Contributor
Contributor

Exactly the same thing has just happened to me. Paypal staff have been vague unhelpful and dismissive. Its outrageous that they are arbitrarly allowed to mess around with money withdrawals like this. I was trying to help a friend get funds in an absolute emergency this is potentially causing people harm and I am sure that I am not the only one with a similar story. I shant get into details because its not relevant butr we are led to believe that paypal is fast convenient ans easy to use.

IT IS NONE OF THESE THINGS when something like this can happen for no good reason and with no reasonable explanation. Its over 24 hours now since left pending paypal review that money is needed now. People transfer money using paypal because they need those funds quickly and often for emergencys. I will never again advise anyone to rely on paypal if they need money for an emergency situation disgraceful behaviour

Login to Me Too

katie2407
Contributor
Contributor

this is still happening. Husband transferred fund to me from his paypal account  and when i tried to withdraw to my bank I now have it pending for review.

Login to Me Too

AndrewHardy
New Community Member

So, sold something on ebay, ebay held my money for 4 days. Once MY money was available I withdrew it to my bank account. Paypal hold it for review............ I call them to ask what's going on and I'm told the review won't be for anymore than 21 hours. That was 31 hours ago. I call them again today to ask whats going on and I'm given the 'there must be a technical issue' rubbish.

Needless to say I'll be informing my solicitor today of proceedings and giving him the nod to contact the financial omnibusman. They want to review my money, then I'll review them.

Login to Me Too

polka123
Contributor
Contributor

New to selling and just sold second itemthrough PayPal  first one I had no problems transferring 2nd one says pending spoke to PayPal and they say it's cos I am new customer no proper explanation and lay was hard to convert with

Login to Me Too

T924
New Community Member

Pending. Same thing happened again, and the obvious scam of sitting on our money to accumilate interest and flout EU law has become apparent, again. Just another bankster trick. As Mr Moore stated eariler in this thread, legal battles with protected banks don't go very far in this day and age. I shall practice now as Gandhi advised. Peaceful non-participation in a corrputed system. 

Login to Me Too

Jgibs67
New Community Member
I requested withdrawal of funds yesterday morning to my bank account and normally it's always been done within 2 hours max if not quicker. Just checked now and it's still pending! Any idea why this could be?
Login to Me Too

OwnMcKendry
Contributor
Contributor

same problem here.. pending. nothing happend. i so **bleep** of becaouse i need my mone fast..

Login to Me Too

Aadii
i made to with draw. first on 31th january and second on 1feb first is showing completed where as 2nd is still in pending. but both payments are not still in my bank.. can i have the advice of any experienced. highly thankful
Login to Me Too

P_USER

Hi all,

Same here too.

First of all, i have been 98% satisfied with PayPal procedures from 2010 until Last week 9th November 2017.

There may be no point on me stating my side of the story considering most of you here have and are experiencing this very same non sense also but anyway...

Basically it happend to me twice in the last 10 days. No justification whatsoever.... 3 days waiting time for a simple low amount withdraw/transfer to my own bank account. Today had the same problem, contacted them via Phone call, been through and put on hold for almost 10 mins and cut off or timed out, then rang again got on hold and then an adviser basically stated that there's nothing they can do because it is an automated system that controls the ''reviews''.....

I have been a paypal user for years and never really had a problem until now.

The simple account changes like phone number or address etc is something i have done before with no issues and now the 'excuse' is that the system holds the withdraw for 72 hours NOT between 0-72 ''May be due to recent suspicious changes to my account''..... I need / WE ALL need this to be sorted and a very credible justification along with it! *or is it anything to do with (milions being on hold) for the purpose of ''increasing £$ interest''.

I guess IF PayPal denies ''not being about ''interest'', so then why not come up with a nice polite real genuine honest reply/answer/justification for this Unfair procedure?

Login to Me Too

Sheila0608
New Community Member
I'm super annoyed with PayPal. This is the second time in a row they've put it under review. For no reason. I'm about to close out my account and go to a different company.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.