Withdrawal rejected: does not make any sense!

SR2011
Contributor
Contributor

Hello!

It seems lots of people here are having problems with withdrawals!

I withdrew a small amount of money from my PayPal account on 6 October to the same bank account I have been using for years with PayPal (no problems before). The transaction showed up as completed, but on the 12th I received the following message from PayPal:

"Hello xxxxxxxxxxxxx

An electronic funds transfer from your PayPal account to your bank account was rejected today for this reason:

Invalid Bank Account Information

Our system was not able to process the transaction with the bank information listed on your account. You should contact your bank regarding the bank account information required for electronic funds transfers. If you still need assistance, you may email us through our secure server at https:///wf/f=act_verifyba

Thanks for using PayPal, the world's #1 online payment service!
Thanks,

PayPal"

Now, the bank information listed on my PayPal account has not changed. It's worked fine for years. I've verified the account ages ago and I've been withdrawing money weekly to the same account. Actually I made a withdrawal on 4 October and it went through. So 4th October: withdrawal & bank info ok. 6th October: not ok. I didn't change my bank details and my bank does not understand why there should be a problem.

I made another withdrawal on 10 October and it also shows up as "completed" but the money's not on my bank account yet (my account's in Finland, it normally takes up to 4 working days so it should be there today). Since it's not showing, I'm afraid the money will be returned again to my PayPal account and I'll be charged for it even though the mistake is not mine.

I have now changed my bank information to try with another bank account...but I don't really understand how this can happen, and I need the money!

Edited 14 October: And the 2nd withdrawal I made on 10 October is still not on my bank account. But it also is not on my PayPal account (transaction is still showing as completed). It's like it's disappeared into thin air!

However... I was refunded the €3.00 that was charged for the first returned withdrawal! I contacted Europeanservices (at)  paypal (dot) com... and someone refunded the fee. This was very helpful, unlike the replies I've had after using the "Contact Us" service which I've found, sorry to say, absolutely useless.

Login to Me Too
38 REPLIES 38

nichasy

Hai Wayne...

I have same issue..

I hope paypal concern about this... 

Login to Me Too

nichasy

Hallo..!!

I'm from Indonesia and I have the same issue and I have tried 2X and get same problem again... 😞

I hope PayPal concern about this problem....

Login to Me Too

Raymund
Contributor
Contributor

Same problem here. This is so disappointing. It doesn't even make sense because we verified our bank account in the first place. So how in the world could it even say "invalid bank account information"?

Now, 2016 and the problem persists. I guess Paypal doesn't want people withdrawing money.

Login to Me Too

Nizha
Contributor
Contributor

How do we resolve this problem? Paypal or bank deducted total of 300php for an unsuccesful fund transfer for this very same reason. 

Login to Me Too

Nizha
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, just another paypal novice here. was your problem resolved? may i know how you went about this issue? thanks!

Login to Me Too

Mephistophele
Contributor
Contributor

Sorry for the intrusion but I am trying to post a message from my uncle Vinnie  who is not very familiar with computers even if is over 20 years on eBay.

This is his message:I contacted all of you personally but if for some mysterious reasons email lost by eBay system,just to let you know that thanks to paypal who continuously hold my withdrawals with bizarre excuses for 72 hours,then you will have to wait for your item to be posted for 72 hours.

As sending as promised first class a painting is not exactly cheap and I have a few to post.if you wish to complain, please do so to Paypal as they are the only culprits. I tried to complain formally but keep getting error message when I press my name and surname,even if I know who I am.

Maybe this is the reason why paypal hardly have any written complains.

Just hundred of thousand by phone.Thanks to my nephew Rocco for posting this message for me"

Login to Me Too

MaojiShigara
Contributor
Contributor

same to me i thought it was on my bank account too and it got reversed and go back to my paypal and wee need a money to pay some of our finacial problems this is not the first time when last year this is the same too and not to mention they even get the transfer money and its not even transfered into the bank account its soo unfair likethey they ripping off the money that hasnt even implemented on the bank to be frank they rob us 😞

Login to Me Too

LennyLen
Contributor
Contributor

PayPal always screws with your money. 72hrs is a joke. No-one at PayPal is checking anything....if they were then the money would potentially release as soon as their checks were complete, but it doesn't...it's always exactly on the 72nd hour. 'Rare security checks' ? Who are they kidding? It's 9 out of 10 withdrawals.

Login to Me Too

ksaebuy
Contributor
Contributor

I had the same problem that my withdraw account been reversed with no email notification and when i call the support they told me it will be within 5-7 working days but now it been back to my account, If i dont use my balance to my credit card i dont need to use paypal anymore 

Please we need your support asap about this issue ,

Today i make new withdraw but still on hold for some security issue! I dont know what reason even i use my address from long time.

Please help with this issue 

Thanks 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.