Withdrawal rejected: does not make any sense!

SR2011
Contributor
Contributor

Hello!

It seems lots of people here are having problems with withdrawals!

I withdrew a small amount of money from my PayPal account on 6 October to the same bank account I have been using for years with PayPal (no problems before). The transaction showed up as completed, but on the 12th I received the following message from PayPal:

"Hello xxxxxxxxxxxxx

An electronic funds transfer from your PayPal account to your bank account was rejected today for this reason:

Invalid Bank Account Information

Our system was not able to process the transaction with the bank information listed on your account. You should contact your bank regarding the bank account information required for electronic funds transfers. If you still need assistance, you may email us through our secure server at https:///wf/f=act_verifyba

Thanks for using PayPal, the world's #1 online payment service!
Thanks,

PayPal"

Now, the bank information listed on my PayPal account has not changed. It's worked fine for years. I've verified the account ages ago and I've been withdrawing money weekly to the same account. Actually I made a withdrawal on 4 October and it went through. So 4th October: withdrawal & bank info ok. 6th October: not ok. I didn't change my bank details and my bank does not understand why there should be a problem.

I made another withdrawal on 10 October and it also shows up as "completed" but the money's not on my bank account yet (my account's in Finland, it normally takes up to 4 working days so it should be there today). Since it's not showing, I'm afraid the money will be returned again to my PayPal account and I'll be charged for it even though the mistake is not mine.

I have now changed my bank information to try with another bank account...but I don't really understand how this can happen, and I need the money!

Edited 14 October: And the 2nd withdrawal I made on 10 October is still not on my bank account. But it also is not on my PayPal account (transaction is still showing as completed). It's like it's disappeared into thin air!

However... I was refunded the €3.00 that was charged for the first returned withdrawal! I contacted Europeanservices (at)  paypal (dot) com... and someone refunded the fee. This was very helpful, unlike the replies I've had after using the "Contact Us" service which I've found, sorry to say, absolutely useless.

Login to Me Too
38 REPLIES 38

Lex05
Contributor
Contributor

hello please help me..i also have problem like this..i saw my address in paypal is  i thought the only error is my address..so i changed my bank address so that the address in my paypal and in my local bank account will be thesame..after that.i tried again to withdraw..but still invalit bank account info.. i dont know what to do now..please help me fix my account.. 

Login to Me Too

Vhan85
Hi there, I’m having difficulty in bank transferring just like the others. I’ve been using the said bank account for almost 2years now and this is the first time I’ve encountered such thing. Already tried twice to transfer and still rejected. Here’s one thing, paypal fee was deducted to my money for rejected withdrawal, twice. Can I get a refund for it? Vanessa
Login to Me Too

petermj

As you sure these are not phising emails?  

Login to Me Too

elainezafe

I've seen the message "reversed due to technical problem" from my Paypal account itself

Login to Me Too

jannek
Contributor
Contributor

I still got the same error message, withdrawed the money on tuesday and got the error message on saturday morning...

Nordea and Finland.

Login to Me Too

fastlenny
Contributor
Contributor

Ok, so my latest withdrawal try outs bounced back as well.

Made another withdrawal on Saturday again, but probably going to be reversed.  😕

Called Nordea bank today and seems like they know about this issue. They still didn't have a clue why this is happening but they're working on it, so hopefully Pay Pal and Nordea can figure this thing out soon.

Login to Me Too

bzooka
New Community Member

The withdrawal to your bank account could not be completed because of a technical problem. The money has been returned to your PayPal account.

what happened to Nordea bank? I withdrawed the money 3 days ago, and in my paypal account shows the transation is completed, but today I found there is no money in Nordea account but in Paypal account with 3 euros reduction. If this is Paypal's technical problem, then the reduction is wrong, let's the new withdraw if this will happen again.

Login to Me Too

fastlenny
Contributor
Contributor

The withdrawal I made during the weekend arrived on my Nordea bank account today, so seems like all good !

Happy Pay Pal user again.

However, I've been charged all in all €15.00 for all the reversed withdrawals 😞

Login to Me Too

jannek
Contributor
Contributor

Nice, thanks for the info fastlenny - after reading your answer I made my third try, hopefully it goes all the way home! 🙂

Login to Me Too

fastlenny
Contributor
Contributor

Forgot to mention that I got this piece of advice from Paypal few days ago. Did this, so don't know if it's this that helped as well. . Worth a shot before withdrawing again I suppose

"What you will need to do is to remove your bank account and re-add it again to your PayPal account. When you do this the system will update so as to re-adjust your account to your country."

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.