Paypal Business Account to Paypal Private Account

MelvinChng
Contributor
Contributor
Hi, As a business, if I need to compensate a consumer with an amount of money (as out of court settlement), I intend to send an amount to the consumer's paypal private account. Both the consumer and I are based in Singapore and hence all payment will be in Singapore Dollars (SGD). I will have to bear the transaction/paypal fees. Although I heard that I can transfer the amount as a gift to the consumer, is it true that this method will have no paypal fees when the consumer receives the amount and subsequently transfers the amount into his bank's account ie DBS/POSB Savings Account. If there is transaction cost by paypal for the method as gift, can I know whats the cheapest way to send over? Appreciate your advice pls. Thank you.
Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

PayPal_Anna

Hi MelvinChng,

Thank you for posting and welcome to the Community Forum!

In a situation when you are requested by court to deposit a sum of money into your customer’s account I would strongly recommend you to send the money directly to your customer’s bank account.

Please note that personal payments are intended for friends and family transactions only.

If you would like to discuss this matter further, please consider calling your local PayPal Customer Support.

Hope it helps.

Anna

Login to Me Too

MelvinChng
Contributor
Contributor
Thank you Anna. Apology if I was not clear earlier. My case is an out of Court settlement in Singapore, i.e. a case of private settlement before the case is concluded with a verdict by the judge in Singapore. In my case, the plantiff has agreed to accept a compensation sum and drop a the charges against my company based in Singapore. Yesterday, the plantiff (who is a Singaporean) requested the compensation sum to be credited into his paypal account and I have to bear all the processing fees. Can I know if there is any way to minimise or zerorise the processing fee? Appreciate your advice pls.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.