Negative Balance taking a long time to Resolve ?

Arcanic
Contributor
Contributor

Hello , I currently have a negative balance i'm trying to resolve .I have been waiting 10 days for the money to be in my paypal and just recently got sent an email saying id i don't resolve this negative balance my account will be limited but i have been trying to resolve it ! it's still saying it's "processing" I know that it takes 5-7 working days to be added ,I believe today would be 7th or 8th day counting only workings days . Why is it taking so long ? should it be added soon or is there something wrong ?  Cat Frustrated

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

robsteer
Contributor
Contributor

Have you counted the New Year bank holiday? Also, if you make the top up towards the end of the business day, sometimes the process starts on the next working day so it doesn't include it if it was done in the evening, that can slow the process too.
By end of the 7th business day (around 6pm) you should see it. If not, check the direct debit has been set up correctly with the bank as that can slow it down too.

if not, give PayPal a buzz and they'd be able to investiage/put a trace on it if it is missing.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3
Solved

robsteer
Contributor
Contributor

Have you counted the New Year bank holiday? Also, if you make the top up towards the end of the business day, sometimes the process starts on the next working day so it doesn't include it if it was done in the evening, that can slow the process too.
By end of the 7th business day (around 6pm) you should see it. If not, check the direct debit has been set up correctly with the bank as that can slow it down too.

if not, give PayPal a buzz and they'd be able to investiage/put a trace on it if it is missing.

Login to Me Too

Arcanic
Contributor
Contributor

Yup, it would be ,I believe 7 days counting bank holiday , 8 days  not counting it .I shall wait and see as I think I clicked to resolve it mid-afternoon ,just need to pay for something and had to apologise to the person so hoping it will be in soon ! I am unable to phone as i'm selectively mute so will have to email if something went walkies.

Thankyou for your speedy reply though!  😄

Login to Me Too

sb8967
New Community Member

I have had the same / similar experience. Today I looked at my PayPal account to see I had £39 withheld on the 27th December. No contact from PayPal whatsover; no e-mail no phone.  I have been in touch with PayPal and they have not got a clue as to why the money has been withheld. It relates to an eBay customer who purchased and paid for an item on 29th November. They were sent the goods in November and the courer confirmt they were delivered.  Positive feedback was subsequently left.  

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.