£5 Faster withdrawal fee Refunds

pedrog
Contributor
Contributor

I wonder if anyone can confirm the rumours on here and on e-bay.

Word on the grapevine is that the £5 faster withdrawal fees that users have spent are due to be refunded.

Some forums mention that this will be backdated to January and others that they will be backdated indefinately.

I am not convinced that paypal are likely to refund anything but it would be nice to know for definite.

If it is true, and these payments are going to be refunded, it might also be useful if someone from paypal could confirm when this will take place and whether customers would have to apply for it

Thanks for any info or advice

Login to Me Too
19 REPLIES 19

pedrog
Contributor
Contributor

That's wonderful news. I have been told that we will receive ours soon but they cannot give us a date for it.

Let's hope it's not too long.

Login to Me Too

leejinxuk
Contributor
Contributor

I am owed £385 for faster payment fees... recevied £190 yesterday from Paypal which was nice! WHERE IS THE REST!!

Login to Me Too

HT5353
Contributor
Contributor

Had my Refund this morning, just over £800 so Very Pleased, but took me a bit by supprise as I havent had a comunication from PayPal yet regarding the refund.

Login to Me Too

pedrog
Contributor
Contributor

I believe that the £5 refunds are backdated to January this year. It might be a good idea if you ran a report. Downloaded the PDF and then searched for "faster withdrawal" or something like that (check the download as to the exact decription used) It should then search for the words and you will get an idea how much you are likely to get refunded

You will need to ensure that you only download the information from January onwards.

I have to say that despite all of the criticism that paypal get on their forum boards this is great news and a lovely bonus for Christmas

So well done Paypal and thanks!

Login to Me Too

I seem to be having an issue trying to run a transaction report to check what I shoudl get refunded.

Can you please specify what report to run, and will the refund only go back to January?

Login to Me Too

Crugga
Contributor
Contributor

Just logged into Paypal and have £800 credited to my account.

Nearly had a heart attack then went into panic mode, thinking it was a scam or an error but seems its all mine and rightly so it appears.

Should add that I had not asked them for it so it was automatic.

Christmas is on Paypal anyway this year 🙂 🙂 🙂

Pages and pages of:

PayPal has just sent you £5.00 GBP with PayPal
Login to Me Too

flurbs

I received my refunds over the weekend, at first didn't know what it was but had guessed they were having to comply with some legislation. No complaints, however...

I had another PayPal account which I closed two months ago (the business name changed and it turned out to be far more hassle to try and change the details of the original account than it was to just iopen a new one with the right details). Does anyone know if I can claim refunds on the fees from that closed account?

Ta!

Login to Me Too

bensbug
New Community Member

does any know why it only goes back to jan 2012? and not back to the first fee you were charged?

Login to Me Too

thebigboss
Contributor
Contributor

hi dont quote me but its to do with the regulations that from the 1st jan we had to be able to withdraw our money quick and free like you can in anyother financial area... but it was only effective from 1st jan Ive had 400 this morn happy days

Login to Me Too

WotaLot
New Community Member

Hi there!

I have had 6 X £5.00 withdrawal fees added back to my account on the 20th and this went back to May 2012 - hope this helps

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.