£5 Faster withdrawal fee Refunds

pedrog
Contributor
Contributor

I wonder if anyone can confirm the rumours on here and on e-bay.

Word on the grapevine is that the £5 faster withdrawal fees that users have spent are due to be refunded.

Some forums mention that this will be backdated to January and others that they will be backdated indefinately.

I am not convinced that paypal are likely to refund anything but it would be nice to know for definite.

If it is true, and these payments are going to be refunded, it might also be useful if someone from paypal could confirm when this will take place and whether customers would have to apply for it

Thanks for any info or advice

Login to Me Too
19 REPLIES 19

SSolutions
Contributor
Contributor

I too would like to know this as I have spent a fortune on these payments last couple of years and as far as I know in UK this wasnt allowed, ie to charge for fast payments.  I only paid them because it was more convenient to pay them and get my money more quickly.

Login to Me Too

RowBot
Contributor
Contributor

God I hope it's true. I think the only Paypal will learn not to **bleep** around with people's money is if someone's makes them refund customers or gives them a huge fine. I hope it puts the **bleep**ers out of business

Login to Me Too

Roc24v
Contributor
Contributor

You'll need to ask for it, I did and got a large chunk back.

Login to Me Too

mjg13
Contributor
Contributor

so did you just ring up or email and say i believe i am now possibly entitled to all those £5 payments back? please tell more! thanks

Login to Me Too

pedrog
Contributor
Contributor

Just phoned up to enquire about the £5 refunds and was told that no-one was getting the refunds. I'd really like to know from those that have been sucessfull how they have managed to get the refunds.

Perhaps one of the paypal reps on the forum might be able to offer some advice or at least state what the company policy on this is.

Login to Me Too

mjg13
Contributor
Contributor

i also rang them and spoke to a georide lass and she said it was just a rumour at the moment but said that someone in management has indicated that it would possibly be happening. i asked if they had to be claimed, i.e - do i have to ring back or email after there is soime sort of notification perhaps, and she said probably not and that they'd likely just be refunded straight into your account, which sounds unlikely to me. so i dunno what to believe, especially as the poster before said they got a chunk of money, which i also mentioned to the girl on the phone, but she said they couldn't have. please, any more details on how you got that chunk of money would be appreciated. when did you actually get it? was it recent?

Login to Me Too

pedrog
Contributor
Contributor

There is a discussion going on at another forum (ebay powerseller) where a business customer had been informed that they would be refunded. Perhaps someone from paypal would like to confirm what is going on?

Login to Me Too

pedrog
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Roc24v

Could you give us a little more information about your refund. Did you email a request or phone up about it?

When was it backdated to?

Any info you could give us would be appreciated as Paypal contributors seem eerily quiet on this.

Ta

Login to Me Too

Garage142
New Community Member

We got a nice surprise this morning, PP refunded all of our £5 fees since January 1st this year which add up to around £700! We didn't have to ask for it.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.