nationality profile change

supajeannie
Contributor
Contributor

Hi there. I joined in 2014 and is registered on Paypal as a UK resident. I am in fact South African and would like to update my profile accordingly. I am not able to amend it on my profile on the website. Please assist!

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@supajeannie

Paypal is country specific so if you move country you have to open another paypal account in that country and add an address / phone number / and bank accounts from within that country.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

b751
Contributor
Contributor

Same thing happened to me. Paypal doesn't understand people moving countries and it's really hard to find out more information about it.

If you move you need an new account.

Apparently it is possible to have more than one account but you need a new email address as well.

The way I'm currently trying is to completely close my UK account (which I managed after much research, the button was hidden deep inside paypal) and open a new one. Everything seemed to work fine except now I can't add a credit card....

Be careful.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@b751

Whats hard to understand?

Its easy enough to close an account in one country and open an account in another?

And the close account link is hardly hidden.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.