Registering A New Card

buvvyman
Contributor
Contributor

Am trying to register a new card.

Paypal have put £1.00 charge against my card account as part of their verification process but when I go to my profile they wont accept the card details.

I tried phoning & e-mailing them but it seems to be a waste of time with this outfit.

How do you get to talk to a human being in Paypal?

Login to Me Too
13 REPLIES 13

PayPal_paula

Hi buwyman, 

Are you receiving a specific error message, if so can you repost what it says as I may be able to direct you a little better once I know what the error is. 

Look forward to your post

Paula 

Login to Me Too

buvvyman
Contributor
Contributor

HI Paula

The message I am getting reads:

"We're sorry but that card can't be linked to any more PayPal accounts. Please link a different cards."

BUT

On my profile I have no cards linked to my account!

HELP! 

Login to Me Too

PayPal_david

Hi there Buvvyman,

If you are receiving a message advising you that you are unable to register your card to any more PayPal accounts, it would mean that your card has been registered to three PayPal accounts in the lifetime of your card. This is a security measure that can't be reset.

This would also explain why you are unable to see any cards registered on your PayPal account. 

You would need to try registering a different card on your PayPal account and you would be able to use your new card for purchases.

I hope this helps,

David.

Login to Me Too

buvvyman
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks David

But I have never used that card on Paypal!

Login to Me Too

PayPal_paula

Hu buvvyman, 

Would it be that you had an old card with the same number that might have been used on other PayPal accounts. It can also be that if this is a joint account and the card numbers are the same, the other account holder has used it before.

Please repost

Paula  

Login to Me Too

buvvyman
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Paula

Thanks again for your response.

But I'm afraid the answer to all your suggestions is 'No it isn't'!

My wife doesn't use E Bay and she is the joint holder of the account.

Login to Me Too

Zetax12
New Community Member

mine said this card not accepted. please other card

im using landbank visa debit card

Login to Me Too

PayPal_david

Hi there Buvvyman,

The only other advice I would be able to give you will be to try contacting customer services directly and we can investigate it further for you.

We will be able to do a search on your card and let you know exactly why you are unable to register your card on your PayPal account.

Please let me know how it goes.

David.

Login to Me Too

buvvyman
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks David

BUt how do I contact customer services?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.