Issues changing the contact name on a business account

dgtlConcepts
New Community Member

Hi,

We have been trying to change the contact name on our business paypal as the current contact name no longer works for the company or has any interest in the company. It has turned into an incredbly long winded and difficult prodecure. 

We submitted the documents for the change twice, and they have been rejected both times, without any reason given. When we call up the support will not help us because we are not the named account holder. 

It is incredibly annoying and fustrating, and we are rapidly running out of ideas. 

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Dian

Hey DgtlConcepts, 

Thank you for posting your question here. I am sorry to hear that you are having so much difficulties with the name change. I hope that everything has been resolved but if not this information will be useful.

First I would advise to add another user on the account so that you are able to discuss the account when you call us.

To add additional users and to manage their permissions, follow these steps:

1. Go to www.paypal.com and log in to your account.
  2. Click Profile near the top of the page.
  3. Click My settings.
  4. Click Get Started beside ‘Manage Users’.
  5. Click Add User.
  6. Enter the user's name, a user ID and a password.
  7. Select what the user can access under ‘What are PayPal account privileges?’ and click Save.

Note:

• A maximum of 20 separate users may be created for an account.
  • The ‘Manage Users' feature is only available for Business accounts.

Here’s how to permit a secondary user to discuss your account with Customer Service:

1. Go to www.paypal.com and log in to your account.
  2. Click Profile near the top of the page.
  3. Click My settings.
  4. Click Get Started beside ‘Manage Users.’
  5. Click Add User.
  6. Enter the user's name, a user ID and a password.
  7. Select what the user can access under ‘What are PayPal account privileges?’ and click Save.

In order to change the name on the account we would need the following: 

*Proof of Identity for the new account holder.

*A letter on Company headed paper with the reason of the name change and the details of the new account holder (name etc).

*A proof of address for the new account holder.

I hope this helps. 

Dian

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.