Providing proof of a business address

ThingyCrafts
Contributor
Contributor

We have recently split our long standing ebay business into two smaller businesses and therefore needed a new paypal account for one of these.

Setting this up has been nothing short of frustrating.  You would think I was applying for access to the bank of England!!

They have emailed saying that our account is linked to a 'virtual address'.  It isn't.  We have a business unit.  However when setting up the account, our accountant advised us to use their address as our registered office so that all HMRC correspondence goes directly to them.  We have done this with our other business for almost 11 years so no issues with it. (Our accountant is also my Mum!)

Paypal are asking for proof of our physical address. It says they will accept a certificate of incorporation or HMRC documentation.  However further down the email it says that the documnent needs to show your name, company number and physical address.

We have a certificate of incorporation but these certificates do not show an address so they contradict themselves by requesting this.  All documentation from HMRC show the registered office address.

I tried to change the address on my account to the registered office address but it won't let me do it as our bank account is linked to our physical address Arrrrggggghhhhh!

I emailed paypal for advice and they just sent me the same email that they had sent previously asking for proof.  

Does anyone know how we can get around this please as I am getting no help from paypal.  It is driving me crazy!

Thanks in advance.

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

PayPal_DavidR

Hi there,

Welcome to the PayPal Community.

The documents we request from you must contain the name/business name and address as it appears on your PayPal account. The same applies with your business bank account. It must be registered in the same name and address that you have on your PayPal account.

-David R

Login to Me Too

ThingyCrafts
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks but that doesn't really help my situation does it.  

I just keep getting the same response from paypal rather than an actual solution to my problem.

I am sure we are not the only company to use a registered office.

Why are you saying you will accept a certificate of registration when that doesn't show an address?  You completely contradict yourselves in asking for this then saying that the document has to have an address on it.

This whole process has been nothing but problematic.  I had none of this with my other paypal account.

Very disappointed with this whole process.

Login to Me Too

illuminea
New Community Member

The process doesn't match reality. We are a virtual business, as are MANY in 2017, so our business address is a POB. Well, PayPal has decided that businesses must have an actual address. In 2017. It's ridiculous.

I know this isn't helpful but I'm feeling the need to rant.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.