I cant link my debit card with payu pal account, since I dont use any credit card

shakeelkhan49
Contributor
Contributor

I'm having a problem as stated in the topic, can't link debit to PayPal account.

"This DEBIT CARD has been refused by the bank that issued your credit card..."

I dont ahve any credit card, I wish to operate the paypal account wiht my Boank of Montreal debit card only, can you help me immediately

So I was wondering if it's a problem with my bank or PayPal side, is there anything PayPal can do to resolve this.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

This is a help board and not paypal customer services.

This is the United Kingdom board and not the Canadian board.

I am not an administrator, i do not work for paypal i am an ebay seller that volunteers on here.

Please edit your post and remove all identifying info for your own benefit and then ask on the Canadian boards as countries financial info differs.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Paypal is an American company so they call both debit and credit cards both credit cards.

Are you in the UK as this is the UK boards. ?? If so then if your card is a Canadian card you can't link it to a UK paypal account.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

shakeelkhan49
Contributor
Contributor

Respected payal administeration,

I live permanently at Regina , Saskatchewan Canada I am not at U.K, please make sure my debit card from Montreal Bank Regina is activated and I can charge my Bank account with debit card to facilate through Pay pal line purchase.

Kindly treat this message as most urgent.?

Kind regards

[Post edited to remove personal information in line with Community Forum guidelines]

Login to Me Too
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

This is a help board and not paypal customer services.

This is the United Kingdom board and not the Canadian board.

I am not an administrator, i do not work for paypal i am an ebay seller that volunteers on here.

Please edit your post and remove all identifying info for your own benefit and then ask on the Canadian boards as countries financial info differs.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

shakeelkhan49
Contributor
Contributor

I dont know how tro edit the post from UK to Canada, I did not done intentionaly, its pay pal who has to correct so that I can

use my debit card and start purchase on line.

Kind regards

[Post edited to remove personal information in line with Community Forum guidelines]

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Sophie

Hi shakeelkhan49,

Welcome to the Community Forum! In line with our guidelines, I have edited your previous posts to remove the personal information provided. Please avoid providing any personal information in your future posts.

If your card has been declined, you may need to contact your card issuer directly, and ask to speak with someone who deals with online payments. Once you have resolved any issues on your card issuer's side, you can try to add your card again.

Thanks,

Sophie

Login to Me Too

herath
New Community Member

link a debit or credit card to your PayPal account

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.