Changing address

EmmaCowell
New Community Member
Hello, I recently changed my address on my account, when I click on my profile it comes Up with the correct address, however, I have just paid for an item through paypal and it has come up with my old address, I am not sure why and don't know what to do as I don't want any items bought through paypal to go to the wrong address... Can anyone help?? Many thanks, Emma.
Login to Me Too
9 REPLIES 9

PayPal_Siobhán

Hi there EmmaCowell,

It sounds like your old postal address was used when confirming this payment.

When you are reviewing the payment details, click ‘Change’ under Postal Address and always ensure the correct address is being used.

Here’s how to remove an address completely from PayPal:

1. Go to www.paypal.co.ukand log in to your account.
  2. Click ‘Profile’ near the top of the page.
  3. Click 'Update' beside 'Address.'
  4. Click 'Remove' under the address you want to remove.

Siobhan

Login to Me Too

sinkha
Contributor
Contributor

I have a problem with removing the old address. It says I can't remove it, because my card is associated with it, but how do I change that, and associate the card with the new address?

Login to Me Too

PayPal_david

Hey guys,

If you can see a number of old or inactive postal addresses when trying to make a payment through your PayPal accounts, the only way that these can be removed at this time is by contacting customer services.

If you wish, you can even send us an email from your account with the addressed that you would like to be removed. When we receive the email from you, we can then have the addresses removed from your account on your behalf.

I hope this helps,

David.

Login to Me Too

splidge1982
New Community Member

Hi,

I am having a similar problem too.

I have an address on my account that is my address with missing street.

I cant remove this, but when I buy things it usually doesnt effect until today I notice that it has appeared on my statement as the postal address.

I cant afford to start loosing things in the post due to a sudden change on my address that I have not done.

I also have no option for removing address in question, any suggestions?

Login to Me Too

Kirsty681
New Community Member
I'm having the same problem! It's doing my head in. My address is correct but when I buy something it's coming up with an old address that doesn't exist in my address!
Login to Me Too

PayPal_david

Hi Kirsty681,

When you would have made payments in the past, you would have manually typed your postal address on the Review your Payment page. As a result, this address would then appear on your account as a 'Gift Address'. You can then select this address when sending payments in the future in order to have your items posted to the address.

You won't be able to see these additional addresses on the Profile section of your PayPal account. In order for these additional addresses to be removed from your account, you would need to contact customer services directly in order for us to investigate it further for you and then remove the incorrect addresses from your account.

I hope this helps,

David.

Login to Me Too

mustfixit25
Contributor
Contributor

Same problems incorrect address being automatically entered at checkout.

Address appears in profile under show all addresses but not in update addresses.

Customer services can't help they tell me to select update and delete unwanted addresses.

None of the incorrect addresses are displayed on the update screen and there is no delete button.

Every time I use paypal an extra address is automatically added to my profile Smiley Mad

I now have 4 unwanted extra addresses after using paypal 4 times.

Login to Me Too

longy
New Community Member

I have the same problem as the poster above - several addresses in Paypal but no way to remove them. If I click uodate, it just shows me my home address and there are many past shipping addresses listed that I cannot delete.

Login to Me Too

djgromitt

I am having the same problem, three addresses listed in my account (two my address but one is my neighbours address!!).  FAQ's state to click update but this just brings up my home address, no option to remove unwanted addresses.

I have emailed paypal and hope for a speedy answer!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.