ABSA debit card

Kilos
Contributor
Contributor

Hi all,

Please can you give me a step by step tutorial on how to link my paypal account with my absa account in South Africa.

I am a retired person still learning the internet and all its wonders and need to be able to topup my paypal account from my absa account and vice versa for received funds.

Thanks in advance

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

PayPal_Anna

Hi Kilos,

Thank you for posting and welcome to the Community Forum!

I’m sorry to hear about the challenges.

If you have an ABSA account and you wish to send money (buy with your PayPal account) you can link your debit or credit card which will allow you to fund the payments.

However if you have received money into your PayPal account which you wish to withdraw to your bank account you will be able to do it only with an FNB bank account.

You can find more information here: https://www.fnb.co.za/business-banking/forex/paypal.html and https://www.fnb.co.za/downloads/PAYPAL-quick-guide-FNB.pdf.

Hope it helps.

Anna

Login to Me Too

sk8board
New Community Member

Hi Paypal, I would like to do a transfer from my ABSA savings account to Paypal. How can I go about it and

what is involved for me to link my savings debit card to Paypal?

I would like to do a purchase on-line with my Paypal account.

Please help.

Thank you

Login to Me Too

MariluLu
Contributor
Contributor
Hi, So what do I do if someone has sent me money to my PayPal account and I can't link my ABSA bank account? Regards, Marilu
Login to Me Too

BarksBoy
New Community Member

What a joke,

I am sitting with funds in my Paypal account and I don't have an FNB account only an ABSA debit and credit card, so how am I supposed to get my funds.

Even if I did have an FNB account, a debit card would not be acceptable, so does this mean that the only way I can get my funds which is for an accommodation payment received via Tripadvisor then I would need to open an FNB credit card account.

That's just plain crazy.

Login to Me Too

Thandolwethu
Contributor
Contributor
I hve linked my absa card to paypal but cant withdraw money from my paypal account why
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.