My Paypal Account is Limited, Then I got Big Error Problem.

moneyhunter
Contributor
Contributor

hello

currently my paypal account is limited acount account acces, but then I got a big error problem to fix my acccount.

below details an issue

----------------------------------------------------------------------
We need your help

Dear 

We need your help resolving an issue with your account. To give us time to
work together on this, we've temporarily limited what you can do with your
account until the issue is resolved.

We understand it may be frustrating not to have full access to your PayPal
account. We want to work with you to get your account back to normal as
quickly as possible.

What's the problem?

We noticed some unusual log in activity with your account.  Please check
that no one has logged in to your account without your permission.

Take a moment to change your password and security questions and review
your account information and recent transactions for changes or unknown
payments.

If you see a payment you don't recognise, go to the Resolution Centre and
report it by clicking "Dispute a Transaction".

Case ID Number: PP-001-309-388-943

How you can help

It's usually pretty easy to take care of things like this. Most of the
time, we just need a little more information about your account or latest
transactions.

To help us with this and to find out what you can and can't do with your
account until the issue is resolved, log in to your account and go to the
Resolution Center.

Sincerely,
PayPal

Help Centre:
https://www.paypal.com/id/cgi-bin/helpweb?cmd=_help
Security Centre:
https://www.paypal.com/id/security

Please do not reply to this email because we are not monitoring this inbox.
To get in touch with us, log in to your account and click "Contact Us" at
the bottom of any page.

Copyright © 2011 PayPal Inc. All rights reserved.

Consumer advisory: PayPal Pte Ltd, the Holder of the PayPal™ payment
service stored value facility, does not require the approval of the
Monetary Authority of Singapore. Consumers (users) are advised to read the
terms and conditions:
https://www.paypal.com/id/sg/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=p/gen/ua/ua-outside
carefully.
PayPal Email ID  PP1589

Then im login to my paypal account, paypal told to me to change  "password and security question".

after change password and security question I got a problempaypal.png

Then I click the continue button and click submit button, and got a big problem, my action cann't be completed.

paypal2.png

please help me to fix this case, im already contact paypal support, but the respond too late.

currently im login in forum using my wife paypal account, im cann't login using my acount.

Login to Me Too
9 REPLIES 9

Kalo93
Contributor
Contributor

I am also having this problem.

PayPal do not care, they do not help us.

Notice the 60+ views yet 0 replies?

Login to Me Too

moneyhunter
Contributor
Contributor

yeah, I don't know why paypal create this community but not there paypal employee can help us. oh my god

Login to Me Too

codeone
New Community Member

I had the same issue over the last couple of days. What I did to fix the error was to delete all paypal related cookies in my browser. I'm really starting to HATE paypal. In the last two years they've begun limiting and suspending accounts more and more...if you buy an item online from a country other than your own they limit your account; if you get a refund, they limit your account...seriously, I hope google checkout replaces these suckers.

Login to Me Too

Gigerina
New Community Member

I got the same messages about my account being limited, asking me to change my password, verify my email, and saying it couldn't complete my transaction.  It repeatedly asked me to change my password.   I finally called the PayPal Customer Service number (not a toll-free number!) and spoke to JJ who was able to lift the limitation on my account and remove the password loop it was stuck in.   Now it's working fine.   

Login to Me Too

dlcandles
Contributor
Contributor

We are all in the same boat. According to PayPal, a bank account has to be linked for security (verification) purposes. No bank account, no access to your money that you worked for. This is an illegal practice and I have contacted my attorney regarding this issue. As I was told, there is no legal reason why PayPal can tie up money due to a bank account not being linked. What needs to be done is a Class Action Suit against PayPal. I have posted before. People complain regarding the verification process, but they are to scared to take action. All that is needed is 20 people for a Class Action Suit.

Login to Me Too

iroc34a
Contributor
Contributor

Count me in. All I want to do is close my account. And they wont let me.  

Login to Me Too

Dave_D
Contributor
Contributor

Absolute idiots at paypal.

Got the account limited email similar to OP after I tried to transfer money to my bank account like I have done dozens of times. Log into the site and after finding the info they wanted, the account still was blocked, AND the transaction that I had done had been reversed without my authorization.

Email to them, WTF is going on? Takes them 3 days to clear this up! No apology, no reasoning, just thank you for your understanding BS.

Seriously, is it any wonder sellers HATE paypal????

Login to Me Too

moneyhunter
Contributor
Contributor

Dave_D: hei dav where your country?

I think from USA customers will get fast respond from paypal support.

why moderator edited the posting by Gigerina. why? 

Login to Me Too

constantpride
Copied from scam and fraud section How to tell if an email is from PayPal[ Edited ]

Welcome to the PayPal Community Help Forums!

Phishing emails are fake emails that pretend to be from PayPal (but aren't from PayPal) and often send you to fake websites.  These emails try to get you to reveal sensitive personal information, such as your Social Security Number, bank or credit card numbers, PIN numbers, or account passwords. 

At PayPal, we won't send you an email asking you to give us any of the following:

• your full bank or credit card number
  • your debit card PIN number
  • your entire driver's license numbers
  • a listing of your email addresses
  • a listing of your physical (street) addresses
  • your full name
  • your password (to PayPal or any other account)
  • the answers to your security questions

We also won't ask you to view an attachment or install a software update.  Only a few of our emails to you - such as for password recovery or to confirm an email address - will ask that you click on hyperlink to complete an action.  If you didn't request a password reset or add an email address, scrutinize the email further before proceeding.

In fact, most phishing emails will present you with a situation that tries to provoke you into immediate action - and usually recommends that you click on a link in the same email to dispute a transaction or provide the requested information as soon as possible. 

Our emails to you will always address you by the first and last name or the business name you registered with on PayPal.  Unsure of what this is?  Go to https://www.paypal.com and log in.  You'll be greeted by your first and last name.  Emails that address you by "Dear PayPal Member" or other, similar greetings are a sure give away that they aren't real.

If you've received an email that you're suspicious of, stop!  Don't open it or click on any links.  Open a separate browser window and go to directly to https://www.paypal.com and check on your account.  If there is an issue or a payment has  been made, it will be visible there. 

If you receive a phishing or spoof email pretending to be from PayPal, or you're unsure if it is from PayPal, please forward the email, including the header, to spoof@paypal.com.  Then delete the email from your inbox.

I know we all try to be vigilant in the digital era, but if you've responded to a spoof email with any sensitive personal information, or entered that information on a site that pretends to be PayPal but isn't, take action to secure those pieces of information as soon as possible.  If you believe you have been a victim of identity theft or other personal information has been compromised, start by learning more here.

Stay safe,

Adrian

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.