How to confirm my address [WITHOUT a credit card?]

duong604
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

As the title states,

How do I confirm my address without a credit card?

I have a cheqing account from my bank linked up to my PayPal account. My account is verified, and I live in Canada [so I can't apply for buyer credit].

Is there any way at all to confirm my address?

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

sandypurins
Advisor
Advisor

US PayPal members can confirm their address using a debit card... maybe it's the same for Canadian PayPal members?  If you have a Mastercard or Visa branded debit card, add it to your PayPal account.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_WarrenG
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Duong604,

As Sandypurins responded, the only way to confirm your address is by adding a credit or debit card that can be verified with your financial institution.  I'm sorry for the difficulty but it is done as a security measure.  

PayPal_WarrenG

Login to Me Too

duong604
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you for the reply.

@Paypal_WarrenG: Hi, I have added a debit card [my debit card contains a cheqing/savings account] from my "financial institution". When you say "financial institution" that means my bank? then yes I have.

For some odd reason, my address was confirmed around 7 months ago, and now I've noticed it is now unconfirmed. I have added/updated addresses maybe that is why.

So there is no other way at all? My bank company is TD Canada Trust, and my account is a youth account. Anyone know if I can apply for a credit card/debit card?

Login to Me Too

island_boy
Contributor
Contributor

does paypal verify,TD canada trust acct from Ontario,Canada?

(it is just a debit not  a Mastercard or Visa

but I also have a Visa gold  from the Atlantic island I live in ,but have been unable to verify, since not US bank

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.