Bank Account Confirmation

NaruZeldaMaster
Contributor
Contributor

This is beginning to become a problem. I have linked both my debit card and the bank account that said debit card is connected to to my paypall account.

However instead of being taken to the "Add funds" page (where you put the two random deposits and then add  the ammount to add to the account) I'm taken to the "Add bank account" page (where it asks for the bank routing number and the checking account number)

I HAVE recieved the email sent from paypall to confirm the account, however this email was accidentally discarded as spam and deleated. Please send any confirmation email previously sent to my email (Regarding the bank account confirmation, NOT purchas information, recepts etc) as soon as posible.

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

PayPal_Olivia

Hi NaruZeldaMaster,

These forums are for assistance and advice from other PayPal users. If you're looking for assistance getting a confirmation email re-sent, you should contact Customer Solutions.

I think I can clear up one bit of confusion, though. The Add Funds page is not where you want to go to put in your random deposit amounts and confirm your bank account. You want to go to Profile > Add or Edit Bank Account.

I hope this helps!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

guess
Contributor
Contributor

In verifying my bank account, PayPal took out MY money!  They took out the 32 cents they deposited AND an additional 68 cents of MY money that I did NOT authorize!  I want my money back!!!

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Hi guess,

Welcome to the forums!

PayPal doesn't take back the random deposits. If there is money debited from your bank account and there is no transaction in your transaction history that was funded by your bank, then the debit did not come from PayPal. I would suggest contacting your bank to determine the reason for the subtraction from your balance.

I hope this helps!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

guess
Contributor
Contributor

BEFORE posting my complaint about unauthorized deductions from my account, I contascted my bank and THEY verified that PayPal debited my account.  I will not accept anything less than a return of my money...from PayPal, the responsible party according to my bank.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Hi guess,

I want this to get straightened out for you, but account-specific information can't be discussed on the forums. If you like, you can give our Customer Solutions representatives a call to look at the specific actions that have happened on your account.

I do know that we don't retract the random deposits, and I know that we don't take funds from your bank unless it's connected to a transaction. Sometimes banks have errors in their reporting that get ironed out after a couple of days. I've seen that happen before if a bank refused the deposits for some reason and use the incorrect reason code for return. I can imagine that other kinds of clerical reporting errors are also possible. I recommend that you check back with your bank next week and see if anything turns up.

Olivia

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.