Added incorrect bank account number and initiated transfers. Is there any way to get my money?!

Joshua_Lynch
Contributor
Contributor

I realize 40 some dollars may seem a trifle to most people... but not to me, as I am a student and am in need of money, particularly desperately right now. Recently, I accidentally entered the wrong bank account number into my paypal account, initiated a couple of transfers, realized my mistake, altered the bank account number but... it seems too late. Now, I know I have been an idiot (please don't remind me!) and I'd really hate for my idiocy to have cost me over 40 dollars. Is there any way I can get my money back from this transfer to an account that doesn't exist (a transfer which should never have occured in the first place)?!

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

PayPal_Lilly
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hello Joshua_Lynch,

Welcome!

No worries, if the account number you entered was not correct, there wouldn't be an account for the amounts to credit to.  So, they would essentially just bounce back into our system 🙂 

It may take 3-5 business days, but the funds should reverse back into your account.

Lilly

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5
Solved

PayPal_Lilly
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hello Joshua_Lynch,

Welcome!

No worries, if the account number you entered was not correct, there wouldn't be an account for the amounts to credit to.  So, they would essentially just bounce back into our system 🙂 

It may take 3-5 business days, but the funds should reverse back into your account.

Lilly

Login to Me Too

Joshua_Lynch
Contributor
Contributor

Thank goodness and thank you!

Login to Me Too

professa
Contributor
Contributor

Hello, is there anyone is this forum who can help me?

Through an error on my part, I mistakenly sent a $400.00 dollar payment to PAYPAL BUYER CREDIT account using my banks bill pay mistaking it for a way to transfer money to my regular PAYPAL account.

the problem is that I do not have a PAYPAL BUYER CREDIT or smart Connect account,  however the check still cleared my ccount and $400 was taken out of my account.

I have called to try and clear up this matter with your customer service manager, and was directed to send fax correspondence to an isolated department that I have no way of knowing who recieved my response since they have no direct phone numbner to call.

I sent the fax documents showing the transactions and my account statement  to the Payment Issues department as instructed and have not heard anything since the fax went through on the 08/11/2011  this week.

Since I do not have a Smart Connect account and my $400 has been deposited with PAYPAL BUYER CREDIT despite the fact that I have no account, can someone help me resolve this dilemma

Since I am not sure why the check was processed on 08/09/2011 at 7:08  am considering there was no account owned by me to depost it to upon reciept.

If someone can assist in investigateing this matter further I would certainly appreciate it. 

Thanks

L.S.

Login to Me Too

mnepram
Contributor
Contributor

Tried searching everywhere but i cudn't get it so I thought probably asking here would help me. 

Please see -> 

Type                                              Status                            Amount

Transfer To Bank Account Completed ...

-Rs.4.89 INR 

Now

Can you explain to me what is that   ' -' (minus)  before 4.89 means ?

Paypal just auto transferred it to my bank and i hvn't receive any money? Not even negatively. 

Login to Me Too

MOOWARDS
Contributor
Contributor

Hello Lilly

I wonder if you could help me. I transferred money from my paypal account into my bank account 15th Nov 2011 The problem is that I transferred it into an old account that no longer exists. I was expecting it to have bounced back by now but it hasn't what should I do now?

Any help would be appreciated

Mandy

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.